Help! I need 3rd member studs!

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
Hey guys,

im missing two of the ten studs for an 8-3/4 that hold the third member to the housing with nuts...ive tried called the dealer with the old catalogs and he has a number for them studs but he cant get them in...ive also tried other fastener companies like papco as well and they dont have any...they are very similar to a nurled wheel stud but they are 3/8 inch instead of 1/2 inch...anybody know where i can get these things?

nobody knows? im in dire need here guys i want to put my third member back on my housing lol...its what i gotta do to get ready for the next step, which is engine and tranny! lol

I have several housings I can knock some out tomorrow.

Hey Roy, you dont have to just yet...im gonna try to see what i can come up with around here first...i mean honestly, it is reidiculous that there is nothing around here i can find...All the studs that are similar are for wheels and only start in a 7/16 size...If i cant find anything i will send you a pm...thanks again for the offer!

also the same as the 8 3/4 housing end

yes they are, and therefore they are the same part number and the dealer cant get it for me...quite the b.s. if you ask me- they have the numbers abut they cant get the part at all? like what the hell man:angry7:

Hey Roy, you dont have to just yet...im gonna try to see what i can come up with around here first...i mean honestly, it is reidiculous that there is nothing around here i can find...All the studs that are similar are for wheels and only start in a 7/16 size...If i cant find anything i will send you a pm...thanks again for the offer!

yes they are, and therefore they are the same part number and the dealer cant get it for me...quite the b.s. if you ask me- they have the numbers abut they cant get the part at all? like what the hell man:angry7:

I can send them to you first class mail. probably 5.00 or less. Studs are free.

ive had this problem before too, i took a 3/8 bolt and wrapped saftey wire or some kind of thin wire around the thread and leave an inch or more to hang out, when you install the third member poke the wire threw the hole and hang on to the wire so the bolt dont fall back into the housing, start all your nuts and i used needle nose pliars to hold the bolt and started the nut and tightened it last and it tightened with out a back up wrench and is still holding, if you got a welder tack the bolt into place.

hey guys thanks for the help and offers for parts but i just got some used ones today locally that i should get tommoro luckily...thanks again to you guys for always offering a helping hand! much appreciated!

-
Back