Help, I would like to run this intake.

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
But, I am not building a racer or high rpm small block :roll:
A mild RV build for my Ramcharger 360, I like the nostalgia look and will be running headers, I am worried that it will not do well as a street driver, or am I wrong ?
Just looking to run a 600 to a 650 cfm Carter / Edelbrock carburetor :happy10:
Or should I try and find me a lower aluminum intake with shorter and smaller runner's
Just a street driver and making trips on the HWY is what I will be doing with this engine

Will I have low vacuum problems ? and bad mixture ?

Attachments

• PEACH%20ORCHARD%202010%20ramcharger%20044.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 406
Oop's forgot pictures , old TM5 intake

Attachments

• Axle bearing change 153248.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 419
  • Axle bearing change 153249.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 414
  • Axle bearing change 153253.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 409
Get a performer, it will work better.
This is a cross over intake. I know the T stood for torque and I want to say the M ...Torque Master er sumthin
That is an early design, small plenum for the street single plane.
As the plenum gets smaller, the runners get longer in theory.
You will effect the manifold vacuum by using this intake compared to a dual plane.

For instance, weiand single plane/plenum vs LD340 dual plane/plenum

Weiand=9.5''@idle
LD340=12''@idle

With the same motor/cam and nothing changed other than the intake.
Plus the 180 design dual plane pulls harder on the carb by separating pulses/runners so they hit each plenum every other intake stroke.

see the problem with that maniflood is that the runners are so big and so much plenum volume that on the low end where you tow it wouldn't be mixing as good as it should be and you will lose velocity...

Get a performer, it will work better.
This is a cross over intake. I know the T stood for torque and I want to say the M ...Torque Master er sumthin
That is an early design, small plenum for the street single plane.
As the plenum gets smaller, the runners get longer in theory.
You will effect the manifold vacuum by using this intake compared to a dual plane.

For instance, weiand single plane/plenum vs LD340 dual plane/plenum

Weiand=9.5''@idle
LD340=12''@idle

With the same motor/cam and nothing changed other than the intake.
Plus the 180 design dual plane pulls harder on the carb by separating pulses/runners so they hit every other each plenum every other intake stroke.
Thank you :happy10: I guess I do need a low plain intake for sure then, Thank you for your knowledge and explaining this to me in great detail
1wild&crazyguy. :happy10:

see the problem with that maniflood is that the runners are so big and so much plenum volume that on the low end where you tow it wouldn't be mixing as good as it should be and you will lose velocity...
I was afraid of that 805moparkid, looks like I need to put it back on the shelf and find another one, or do some horse trading maybe.
Thank you :happy10:

I tried that TM5 manifold on my '77 Dodge W-150 because my friend had it laying around. It didn't work well. Cold drivability was poor, throttle response sufferd, flooded easily etc. I put on a Performer and things improved greatly. Then I stumbled upon an Offenhauser Dual Port 360 and put it on. That one seemed to be the ticket for my application. I had a R1850AAS Holley on it and 1-5/8 Cheapo headers with a mild RV cam (don't remember the specs...), otherwise stock.

I tried that TM5 manifold on my '77 Dodge W-150 because my friend had it laying around. It didn't work well. Cold drivability was poor, throttle response sufferd, flooded easily etc. I put on a Performer and things improved greatly. Then I stumbled upon an Offenhauser Dual Port 360 and put it on. That one seemed to be the ticket for my application. I had a R1850AAS Holley on it and 1-5/8 Cheapo headers with a mild RV cam (don't remember the specs...), otherwise stock.

This is what I was worried about, Thank you grimreaper, I will keep an eye out for a small performer aluminum intake of some kind :happy10:

Then I stumbled upon an Offenhauser Dual Port 360 and put it on. That one seemed to be the ticket for my application.

The Offy Dual Port 360 is a good street design. I ran one on my old 340 Swinger lots of years ago. Check it out if you can find one.

The Offy Dual Port 360 is a good street design. I ran one on my old 340 Swinger lots of years ago. Check it out if you can find one.
Thank you ocdart, I will be shopping around :grin:

there is actually nothing wrong with a stock 4bbl 340/360 intake and a TQ.the intake in the pics is basically a torker 340.i had one on my 340 dart when it first went in my car.i have had several intakes on it since ,and they ALL were better than the torker.

there is actually nothing wrong with a stock 4bbl 340/360 intake and a TQ.the intake in the pics is basically a torker 340.i had one on my 340 dart when it first went in my car.i have had several intakes on it since ,and they ALL were better than the torker.

I realy want an aluminum intake, light and easy to install, The stock intake is just so heavy for me to install so I just need to find me a good style aluminum intake. :happy10:

I remember a few years back i helped my friend put a performer on his 360 in his truck, It was alot lighter, but didnt seem to run as strong as the stock 360 manifold. The ports on the performer were much smaller, same as 318 ports. What Dual plane intakes are out there that have 360 size ports that arent RPM style?

tomorrow i will look under the hood of my RC. its got a 360 in it and an edelbrock with a holly on top of that. it was there when i got it so not sure if its a dual or single plan but i will take a look see memike.

...........the only thing u will save with a performer is the weight difference between it and stock.........the stock is a great intake........trash the tm5...kim...

Yes, the Performer is built for the small port LA heads. Suggest the Performer RPM. It is made for the larger 340/360 intake ports. It is a little bit taller, but should not be a problem for the Ramcharger. According to the literature, the Performer works from idle to 5500 rpm, the Performer RPM is best from 1500-6500 rpm. Hope this is helpful in the decision making process.

Hey Mike,
Go for the Edelbrock Performer RPM. You will be very happy....:burnout:

What ever you end up doing Mike,stay away from a single plane for your aplication.

I gotta Edelbrock Performer I'll swap you for it.

Creed is getting the 360
So I will be looking for an aluminum intake for a 318 heads.
I already knew this when I started this post but forgot that the ramcharger is a 318 engine, Here are some pictures to look at StrockerScamp
To large for a 318.

And I want to thank everyone for there help and directions, I will be pulling the heads off the 318 Thursday morning, yes I plan my day's around my APA pool shooting :happy10:, Creed will be here to lift the heads out of the Ramcharger after I get them un bolted :cheers:
Or I will reconsider letting him run my ported warmed up 360 :-D:-D

JJ Creed, you know I would not set you back on your race car :toothy10:

Attachments

• Spring 2011 021.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 224
  • Spring 2011 038.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 222
  • Spring 2011 033.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 223
  • Spring 2011 030.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 246
  • Spring 2011 029.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 226
  • Spring 2011 028.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 226
  • Spring 2011 027.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 227
  • Spring 2011 023.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 223
Here's some pics of the performer.

Attachments

• DSCF1594.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 204
  • DSCF1595.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 194
Yeah. All of um I've seen are like that. Ridiculous ain't it?

Looks like an EGR intake SS, I need a Regular Performer with out smog application :-k
Thank you for your time and help on this :thumblef:
I am looking at possibly selling this one and add some to it and get me a new one if I have to.

Mike,
What you are looking for is part # EDE 2176

Scamps looks like a 2176 ?

The EGR intake has 2 holes down on the floor of the manifold. Cant tell in his pics ?

-
Back