Help ID screw size 72 duster outside door handle button mechanism

Mopar Interiors

1. Plymouth Duster

Plymouth Duster Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:58 AM
    Hey guys. Had my door button fall through the other day and jjst got around to taking the door panel off. Do you guy know what size screw do if July this is. I can’t find it in the bottom of the door so I suspect someone may have just put metal rod or something to hold it in there “temporarily” lol

I have a box of interior screw for gm specifically Oldsmobile nj like to know exact thread and or size so I’m don’t resize or ruin the threads. Thanks so much. Here is pic. The top hole

0F39FE3C-AAE9-40F6-AB73-A51E0DA09589.jpeg

2. RustyRatRod

RustyRatRod I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday. FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    Assuming the stud with the nut is 1/4", I would "GUESS" the screw that goes into that hole left of it is 10-32.

3. Plymouth Duster

Plymouth Duster Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Let me see if I hade some 10-32 if not will
    Have to pull apart other door panel and button latch screw and head to hardware store to compare and prefer not to.
    If anyone has a set of new door ha es they installed with new screws and can send
    Me 1 or 2 of the used ones much appreciated or if you have a disassembled set and can check much appreciated
    I had a box of screws for interior trim and misc of Oldsmobile bodies but nothing fit easily and don’t want to strip the threads so going to call today a loss and try again tom. Plus one of the plastic press fit tabs is broken and I will need to order from Midwest on eBay or epoxy it. So no rush

love this site!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.