help in locating a set of slant six to 318 conversion motor mounts

-

Mopar King

Beginner / Need of Help
Reaction score
I am doing a conversion to my '72 demon which has a slant six and a 904 transmission and i want to replace it with a stroked 318 block (from 1969 which has 4 holes on both sides that hold the bracket to the block)with a 727 transmission. I been looking around and i notice that most of the conversions are all out of stock and the only person who is selling motor mounts is this guy on ebay

New Set Conversion Motor Mounts 225 Slant 6 to Small Block 340 360 Mopar A-Body | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

i know that some come with three holes and others 4 holes. i think someone said that you need to add washers to the passager side bracket. is that safe for a stroke engine?

will i have a problem using his conversion which is for a small block 340 / 360? if the bracket does have three hold can i still use it on my block? will i have problems if i purchase this. As of now i am still looking around to find the exact motor mount set

oh i forgot i tried contacting mike from engine-swap website or better known as shcumacher but he hasn't replied to either of my messages. He did wrote on his website that he was moving to a new location and his phone lines arent set up but i dont know how long has that message been posted.

That is the only thing holding me up on this conversion / swap project, everything else i am finding / ordering. Next i will research my center steering link (I know that the wrong way of saying it) if im gonna have clearance issues and research my torsion bars and my caster bolts which one side is way off - kinda looks like the tires gonna fall off or better yet just imaging the stance look but with one front tire only and thats with no engine/tranny installed yet; im guessing its the caster bolt. I have a driveshaft from my slant six which should work because my car has a 8.25 rear end- so my guess is that its gonna be stronger than the 7 1/4 driveshaft.

Any help i would appreciate it.

i do have another set of old motor mounts from a parts car that came with an extra set of mounting brackets but they look alittle different. these pictures are not mine but they both look 100% the same as the old ones i have. the one circled in red and the one with the red background. i did a quick google search and they are saying that these are for big blocks only but for some reason they came with the parts car which had a 318 in it. Just in case someone mentions " did you take the k-frame from the parts car?" no because i had no way of taking it to the junkyard if i remove the k-frame. Besides the parts car has been long gone - i want to say 6 years ago

download.jpg
images.jpg

also classic industries has them as "arriving soon"
but the picture doesn't show 4 holes on one bracket because of how they took the picture. is that a cause for concern if my engine is worked-on?

MN1509 - 1967-72 Mopar A-Body Slant 6 To 273Ci / 318Ci Small Block Motor Swap Mount Set

Screenshot (299).png

Most of the swap brackets you find will be for 340/360 engines, which are narrower on the driver's side. You will need to cut and widen the bracket to fit a teener. Normally when people use a 318 bracket on a 340, you need to add a spacer between the bracket and the engine mount lug, but you're going the other way...
Trans Dapt has 340/360 brackets:
Engine Performance & Vehicle Customizing Products From Hedman | Hedman Performance Group
Your other option is to use a stock A body 318 bracket on the driver's side, and a truck bracket on the passenger side. Easy.
Oh, and about your driveshaft- the 727 is longer than your current 904, so you will still need to shorten it or get a new one made, and you'll need a 727 slip yoke too.

do i have to really cut one of the brackets in half and widen it?

as for driveshafts, i do have the 727 driveshaft but the other end of the driveshaft was finserted into a 8.75 rear. I have a 8.25 rearend on my car, will my driveshaft fit with the 8.25 rear?

I might go with one of those trans motor mounts from what Rumblefish360 or the link you sent me since i dont know when are they going to restock on the correct conversion kits.

Professor fate: do you know what type of truck do i need to look for to get the bracket? As for the driver side you said just get a 318 stock bracket?

@Mopar King all you need to do is use a few washers or whatever is handy to make up the spacing difference. This is not an issue in anyway.

do i have to really cut one of the brackets in half and widen it?

as for driveshafts, i do have the 727 driveshaft but the other end of the driveshaft was finserted into a 8.75 rear. I have a 8.25 rearend on my car, will my driveshaft fit with the 8.25 rear?

I might go with one of those trans motor mounts from what Rumblefish360 or the link you sent me since i dont know when are they going to restock on the correct conversion kits.

Professor fate: do you know what type of truck do i need to look for to get the bracket? As for the driver side you said just get a 318 stock bracket?
Yeah, stock A body 318 bracket for driver's side, '70s truck bracket (into the '80s may be the same?) on the passenger side. It's been a while, but I don't remember having to mod anything.

Most of the swap brackets you find will be for 340/360 engines, which are narrower on the driver's side. You will need to cut and widen the bracket to fit a teener. Normally when people use a 318 bracket on a 340, you need to add a spacer between the bracket and the engine mount lug, but you're going the other way...
Trans Dapt has 340/360 brackets:
Engine Performance & Vehicle Customizing Products From Hedman | Hedman Performance Group
Your other option is to use a stock A body 318 bracket on the driver's side, and a truck bracket on the passenger side. Easy.
Oh, and about your driveshaft- the 727 is longer than your current 904, so you will still need to shorten it or get a new one made, and you'll need a 727 slip yoke too.

-
Back