Votes: 153 60.7%
  • Cowl style

Votes: 99 39.3%

• Total voters
-

Racingduster

Certified Welder
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide on a hood for my Duster. Since im running a tall Indy tunnel ram with twin 1050 Dominators I need a hood with a bigger opening. These are the 2 that I'm thinking about. I know the cowl is more of a Chevy hood...but it don't look all that bad. I don't want a 6 Pak or a Hemi scoop, I have friends with each of them already so I don't want the same as them.

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• duster cowel1.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 1,790
  • duster cowel2.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,767
  • duster scoop.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,681
  • duster scoop1.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,711
may i ask what the hell you need 2100cfm for?

and the pro-stock fits more with the roundness of the car...

Of the two, the pro scoop is the less hedious.

I'm trying to decide on a hood for my Duster. Since im running a tall Indy tunnel ram with twin 1050 Dominators I need a hood with a bigger opening. These are the 2 that I'm thinking about. I know the cowl is more of a Chevy hood...but it don't look all that bad. I don't want a 6 Pak or a Hemi scoop, I have friends with each of them already so I don't want the same as them.

Thanks for looking

wow nice car you have. i am in the same boat as you are. but i have a 73 dart with soon to have 72 dart frontend. i am stuck between eather a 6-7 inch cowl hood scoop or maybe useing this one? thanks mopar65

http://glasstek.com/Scoops/GT700.jpg

Sorry, I think both are ugly :puke:

Definetly not the Chevy scoop.

Not many choices out there but keep looking......:read2:

I would go "scoop-less" and show that Chevy killer off :mrgreen:

I like the look of the cowl scoop JMO.

A few weeks ago I saw a car with about a 5"-6" cowl but the scoop wasnt set to the front of the hood, it was set 12"-18" back. Which means that same abount was prolly cut from rear of scoop. I thought it looked neat/different.

Bad Shrimp

im not big on either one.. but if I had to pick, I'd go with the pro-stock scoop.. but in the end, its your car... its gonna be bad *** either way.. whatever makes you look and say 'hell yeah' is what you should go with.. the only person that car has to impress or make happy is YOU! ...lol..

I think this is the old pro stock scoop style. A couple of places sell these. Just an idea. IMO I like these better than the new pro stock or the cowl.

prostock.jpg

prostock1.jpg

If I run a Pro Stock style, I wonder how it would look with my TWISTER strobe stripe on it.......

I know that I can do it on the cowl hood easy

I think this is the old pro stock scoop style. A couple of places sell these. Just an idea. IMO I like these better than the new pro stock or the cowl.

I met Butch Leal a couple years ago at a Super Stock Reunion show. Real cool guy!

-
Back