HELP!!!! New MSD6AL hookup instructions not clear

-

dustoff440

Reaction score
I have the instructions for the unit and they are not clear on a few points.

1. The Mopar Performance distributor I have has an orange and a black wire coming out of it for the pick up. The hookup wires from the MSD box for the hookup for this are purple and green. Does it matter which wires go to what color?

2. The instructions state that you :"can" install a ballast as if were an option and not necessary. Do I need a ballast at all? If so what resistance .25 ohms????

sure could use a little help on this one, i've got a new one and don't want to fry the box by hooking it up wrong. I guess if none wants to answer this I could call the MSD tech line tomorrow.

i just hooked this up in my duster and believe if your not using the msd dizzy you have to run the ballast. as for me im running the msd pro billet dizzy so it was pretty much plug and play i can look more tomorro for you its cold out there right now lol

I have the instructions for the unit and they are not clear on a few points.

1. The Mopar Performance distributor I have has an orange and a black wire coming out of it for the pick up. The hookup wires from the MSD box for the hookup for this are purple and green. Does it matter which wires go to what color?

2. The instructions state that you :"can" install a ballast as if were an option and not necessary. Do I need a ballast at all? If so what resistance .25 ohms????

1 The dist side black wire goes to the green MSD wire and the orange goes to the violet.

2 The ballast is not needed. Connect both the original start and run wires together at the former ballast connection and then run them to the small red wire on the MSD box. The small red wire only turns the box on, it gets it's power from the large red wire.

1 The dist side black wire goes to the green MSD wire and the orange goes to the violet.

2 The ballast is not needed. Connect both the original start and run wires together at the former ballast connection and then run them to the small red wire on the MSD box. The small red wire only turns the box on, it gets it's power from the large red wire.

THank you very much that info is exactly what I needed.

-
Back