Ok - I'm adjusting the floats on my carb when (during the process) I turn the car on. It turns on and is running and all of a sudden everything goes dead. I see a fire and am thinking crap the fuel ignited and I'm going to burn my car and house to the ground. Luckily, it was only my fusible link that was on fire. I blew it out and ordered a new one from yearone. Today, I put the new link in and nothing. I mean nothing, no interior lights, radio, headlights or anything. I used a multimeter tested the battery, replaced the starter relay, have 12.5v going in as well as 12.5v on the line from the battery directly to the starter. I also have 12.5v in/out of the new fusible link. I have power on the other side of the bulkhead and all of my fuses in the fuse block are intact. I'm not good with electricity, am I supposed to be able to read voltage at the alternator with the car not running? I wasn't getting any volt readings at the "brown" side of the Starter Relay and starter as well as at the alternator. I'm assuming this is normal, all of those spots showed intact "0" when I hit it with the ohmmeter. Again - I'm just not sure why I have no power to any accessories with a functioning battery? It is an automatic trans, is it possible that a bad neutral safety switch could do this if so where would it be located (console shifter)? Any thoughts, I am not what you would call electric savvy so please treat me like I no nothing (which is pretty true)! Thanks All!