Help please 74 Duster rear disc swap

-

Steve Agrella

Reaction score
I’m in the process of changing the rear end to a 8.8 Ford Explorer rear end with Disc brakes.
Currently in he car is front disc rear drum manual.
My question is, can you suggest a power booster and Master cylinder kit that will work with this setup.
Also would like suggestions on a manual master cylinder if I decide to keep it a manual brake car that will use less pedal pressure.
Thank you for any replies and suggestions.

You...........don't..........need.........a booster

I'm using factory 73/ 74 K/ disk/ spindles up front, and a Linc/ Ford Versailles 9" in rear. I just ruptured the residual valves and used the stock 67 factory non boost master. I'm 70 and have arthritic like issues. I can lock it up on the freeway

What you MAY need is a smaller bore master

You...........don't..........need.........a booster

I'm using factory 73/ 74 K/ disk/ spindles up front, and a Linc/ Ford Versailles 9" in rear. I just ruptured the residual valves and used the stock 67 factory non boost master. I'm 70 and have arthritic like issues. I can lock it up on the freeway

What you MAY need is a smaller bore master
May end up going that way with a 15/16 bore Master Cylinder, was thinking more about my petite wife driving the car than myself, thanks for reply

boosters suck unless you have a leg problem. i always remove them, much better feel

May end up going that way with a 15/16 bore Master Cylinder, was thinking more about my petite wife driving the car than myself, thanks for reply

I am not that strong anymore. I can be on my feet for between 1/2 hour and sometimes 2. If I had to walk 2-3 miles in an emergency, I'd be hurtin. That might give you some idea. Sorry, wish I knew the bore on mine, it was there and it ended up working, so I never removed it!!

Whatever master you have now, you want SMALLER bore

-
Back