HELP! Spectra Premium fuel tank-filler neck seal

-

cudajames

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello, I bought a spectra premium fuel tank (CR11a)plus sending unit, lock ring for my 1966 Barracuda.
The fuel tank does not ship with a filler neck seal. Nor does spectra make a seal :wack:

Has anybody used these tanks? And what filler neck seal and where did you get it. My project is dead in the water (the old seal, is 48 years old and shows cracking an age)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The tank is out of the box, nor sure I can return it

I used one of these tanks in my Dart Sport build.
It fit great with no problems at all.
I had an N.O.S. filler neck seal and it worked perfectly. As far as i know, they might be still available, it doesn't hurt to check.
Not sure who makes them aftermarket, i'm sure someone will chime in.......

Great idea, I believe this is the correct part (love ebay)

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-A-Body-filll-neck-seal-grommet-filler-neck-to-tank-seal-1963-1966-/330877850179?_trksid=p2054897.l5659"]Mopar A Body Filll Neck Seal Grommet Filler Neck to Tank Seal 1963 1966 | eBay[/ame]

Wow!
$11.79 for the part and $20.55 for shipping USPS flat rate? Actual shipping wouldn't be more than 5 bucks in a small bubble envelope.
Check your local Chrysler dealer's parts department first......

Wow!
$11.79 for the part and $20.55 for shipping USPS flat rate? Actual shipping wouldn't be more than 5 bucks in a small bubble envelope.
Check your local Chrysler dealer's parts department first......

It has to be because of you being in Canada since it lists FREE Standard Shipping to us in the USA.

Most reproduction parts sellers should have that. Have you tried Mega Parts or Herb's?

Call you're local Chrysler parts department, I bought one last year, and you pay nothing for shipping.

-
Back