Help with Axle Housing Identification

-

gabe380

Reaction score
I have an 8 3/4 housing that I can't identify.
It measures roughly 59 1/8 from end-to-end (bare housing). Based on the axle info found here Mopar Casting Numbers - MyMopar.com - Mopar Part Numners and Mopar Rear Axle Dimensions , I can't find anything with a 59 1/8" width. The spring perches are on the top of the housing, which should mean that it's out of a truck. Also, the spring perches are only 43" center-to-center (which would fit an A-body), and there is no sign that they've ever been moved.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gabe

Last edited:
71 dodge half ton maybe? I have a dodge 8.75 truck axle that going to go under my barracuda. It had perches on the top. Ends looked like they were shortened and rewelded.

71 dodge half ton maybe? I have a dodge 8.75 truck axle that going to go under my barracuda. It had perches on the top. Ends looked like they were shortened and rewelded.

Could be, my 74 W100 PW 8-3/4 has the pads on top I believe!

Yup truck axle. The 61-71 Sweptline has pads on top at 43 inch's. That length sounds about right. Make sure it isn't a 57-64 tapered axle housing. Its been a few years snice I worked on one but, it seems to me the seal was different. I have a 64 tapered and 68 in my shop. From my research you can't use an early housing with flanged axles.

-
Back