help with ID of this clutch fork and z-bar

-

Dave NEO

Reaction score
Fork is 10 1/2" overall - z-bar is 7" tube. These came off '68 A-body 383, A833 when we replaced with correct linkage. They appear to be a carry-over from when this car was a slant 6, 3 spd..

103_3426.JPG
103_3427.JPG
103_3428.JPG
103_3429.JPG
The used TO is from the '71 18 spline hemi 4 speed - seems to have some life left in it. Fork seems to be what Brewer lists as for 63-66 A-Body small blocks or slant 6, but this z-bar is an unknown if anyone has some insight. I'm going to offer up here or e-bay if anyone has a use...thanks.

Last edited:
u don't know . u r dealing with good people if they cant help. I might.just ask them for measurements . or a pict. of set up.

if anyone has any ideas what these really belong with I'd like to know (they definitely did not match up well in set-up they were in )

if anyone has any ideas what these really belong with I'd like to know (they definitely did not match up well in set-up they were in )
Both the fork and z-bar are early A body. Fork fits /6 and V8. Z-bar fits the 273 V8. Both were used with 9.5" clutch.

OMG, thanks so much for sharing your expertise here Dan, we owe you one! :thumbsup:
Dave

-
Back