help with wheel ofset

-

duster340

street racer
Reaction score
i am thinking alot right now my hoosier tires seems to be very difficult to get from my speedshops suplier in your country so i am looking for a new tire+wheel combination,
right now i have 6½x14" rims with 1/4" negativ offset and the tires measure 26x11"
its realy hard to find 14" tires with traction so i am looking for 15"wheels and i am not sure if the wheels i have found should be ok old tires have rubbed the leafsprings a litle so iam trying to fix that problem to.

http://www.ultrawheel.com/pdf/rims/061.pdf.pdf
part# 61-5865k
that is the 15x8" rims i dont mind if the tires look a litle baggy on the sides so i could live with 15x7" wheels to..
would that wheel be any good or are my math to bad? i want to use a tire aproximatly 27X10½" on 15" rims
does it seem resonable?

car is a duster 73 with stock wheelwells

I currently have those same 15x7 ultra rims on my 69' barracuda (rear) with 255-60-15's. BFG specs that tire at 27.1" x 10" section on 15x7 rim. This combination works fine with about 1" clearance all around on stock setup on my barracuda. The tires are a bit baggy on the sides and even though i have tried different tire pressures, the tires still wear a little too much in the middle for my liking due to that being the max size possible on that rim.

In order to improve this I actually just picked up a new set of 15x8 of the same rims. 255-60-15 on 15x8 should actually increase section width to approx 10.4" as well as be a better fit for those tires. Id like to go 275-60-15 however its very doubtful it will fit due to the 15x8 having same backspacing as the 15x7 version of those wheels... anyhow im going to the tire shop today to check out new tires and will post with what I find out.

Hey sorry for the delay,

I tried the 275-60-15 on those 15x8 rims and they mostly fit okay with some scraping on the larger bumps, however I would have to roll the fender quite a bit so I decided against it.

In the end I went with 255-60-15's which look way better on the new 15x8's and they fit with plenty of room to avoid ALL scraping! They fit the wheel wheel about perfect and really fill it up. Im happy now.

-
Back