Hemi heads for 318 - 360?

-

64DartGTinAZ

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Saw a mention of this on Facebook today - anybody know anything about this?

http://www.thenewhemi.com

Apparently, this isn't the first company to offer this.

Price is way high (I saw mention of a kit for ~$7200, or they have built engines starting at $12000 - and only 500 HP for that)

I'm not looking for a bunch of "you could build a lot more motor for that kind of money with aftermarket heads", etc.

I'm curious if anyone knows of any of these in the wild, and has anyone gotten serious performance with them. Just a curiosity thing. I'm guessing there is a dearth of intake/cam/etc. available for this setup.

I would simply find a good early Hemi core and rebuild it. In fact...........I did.

Attachments

• 004 (2).jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 627
I would simply find a good early Hemi core and rebuild it. In fact...........I did.

I'm in the early stages but, the Desoto tall deck (330, 341, 345) appears to be a bolt in for a 67 up A body manual steering so far, with stock exhaust manifolds. It still will not be cheap, but nothing is like an early Hemi.

RRR what home are you going to find for that 331?

Nothing like an overweight underpowered early Hemi to get your slow, ill handling A body off to a good start.

Hemi small blocks have been around. I have a flyer for a company pimping them at the Mopar nationals in '03.

One of the Mopar rags is trying to drum up poly 318 interest too. Economy of scale does not apply to these people, I guess.

Nothing like an overweight underpowered early Hemi to get your slow, ill handling A body off to a good start.

Hemi small blocks have been around. I have a flyer for a company pimping them at the Mopar nationals in '03.

One of the Mopar rags is trying to drum up poly 318 interest too. Economy of scale does not apply to these people, I guess.

Alum heads and 500+ HP...I wouldn't exactly call that overweight and under powered.

:wack:

Wisdom from someone who does not know what he is talking about...

Funny he asked about hemi heads for a 318-360 and out of all the replies not one damn reply pertains to what he asked.. lmao

Funny he asked about hemi heads for a 318-360 and out of all the replies not one damn reply pertains to what he asked.. lmao

How many Hemi small blocks have you seen? Yeah. Me either.

How many Hemi small blocks have you seen? Yeah. Me either.

I remember seeing a add from a machine shop I think 10 or 15 years ago where they were selling a hemi top end kit for a LA bottom end, but the price was stupid high, you could build a early "real" hemi cheaper.

I did see one of these Hemi head SB kits on a engine that was in a early street rod. That was several years ago at the Moultrie Ga. swap meet. The guy was trying to sell the "kit" but it was like $3200.00 if I recall.

I remember seeing a add from a machine shop I think 10 or 15 years ago where they were selling a hemi top end kit for a LA bottom end, but the price was stupid high, you could build a early "real" hemi cheaper.

That was sorta my point. I think *you* got it. lol

To narrow it down a bit, the small block hemi 318-360 conversions were being built in either North or South Carolina and the 2 partners split and the other partner opened up his own shop , builds his own 426 style hemi blocks, heads, valve covers, intakes, etc. and his first name is Dave. These Hemis that he builds are of the large inch variety--around 700". That's all that I can remember at this time.

If you want a high powered small block that's cheaper than the hemi idea by FAR, then just get some W2 heads and build a badass W2 motor. Those are about the dang best heads, hands down. The only drawback is all the special rocker gear. It ain't cheap, but it would still be way cheaper than the hemi thing......and make more power.

I know. It still wouldn't look like a Hemi.

Saw a guy at last years Mopar Nationals selling the setup. I have a brochure somewhere but I don't remember where it is. Here are some shots of it. Thought it was BAD A$$ or I wouldn't have wasted the space on my memory card.

Attachments

• DSC04900-1.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 389
  • DSC04901-1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 431
  • DSC04902-1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 310
  • DSC04903-1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 347
  • DSC04904-1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 428
-