Hemi swap using OEM Exhaust Manifold

-

Ronald C.

Reaction score
I am curious, has anyone tried using the factory manifolds when Swapping a 5.7 Hemi into a 73 A body?

A friend of mine put one in his 1971 Valiant and he used manifolds from a Grand Cherokee. He said they fit much better and were cheap to buy at that time. Bobby

A friend of mine put one in his 1971 Valiant and he used manifolds from a Grand Cherokee. He said they fit much better and were cheap to buy at that time. Bobby
That makes sense. If it is a cost savings issue I get it. Everyone tosses the stock manifolds. I made yard art out of mine. But if I was on a tight budget I could see where that would be a great place to shave dollars. The stock manifolds actually flow pretty well.

That makes sense. If it is a cost savings issue I get it. Everyone tosses the stock manifolds. I made yard art out of mine. But if I was on a tight budget I could see where that would be a great place to shave dollars. The stock manifolds actually flow pretty well.
Well, in sum, they appear similar in size to the Jeep manifolds. And I have heard more than once Jeep manifolds where a great candidate for form/fit/function. So, if a guy had the OEM challenger manifolds, would they fit? That’s the question. Hence why I was wondering if any body had tried it. And, because these are the things that keep me up at night, I thought why the hell not ask?

Factory Challenger manifolds, whether it's 5.7, 6.1, or 6.4, they sweep out to hit the frame rails. The ones I used are 2010-2011 Grand Cherokee 5.7.

The exhaust out on them also go directly into the firewall. As said the jeeps tuck in tighter and point in the correct direction.

i run the logs cuz custom turbo headers are 2500+. they are forward facing so thats probably out for yall.

i run the logs cuz custom turbo headers are 2500+. they are forward facing so thats probably out for yall.
What do you mean logs? Not following...

Custom headers are a no deal for me by virtue of how much they cost. It just isn’t worth it when there are suitable and equally performing options....

truck/jeep manifolds are logs

Resized_20190124_105308.jpg

5.7 and 6.4 are different. The 2010-2011 Grand Cherokee 5.7 log style manifolds work on 67-76 A-Body. The SRT 6.4 Grand Cherokee manifolds are a little different in design. Not quite the the log the 5.7 is. No one has stepped up to say if they have tried them or not.

Last edited:
-
Back