Hemi's at Carlisle?

-

Edsrt

Reaction score
Just got back from Carlisle and was amazed how little 3 gen Hemi stuff was around in the swap meet or in the show ,I think I saw one barracuda with a 6.1 other than venders cars with crate engines

Yep, I’m still here and they are few and far between. They LS crowd have it good when it comes to aftermarket support.

Yep, I’m still here and they are few and far between. They LS crowd have it good when it comes to aftermarket support.
I was down there a few years ago and there was a lot more engine's and parts in the swap meet and several home built running conversions

Their was at least 10. They even had a 3G hemi swap seminar on Friday afternoon.

Their was at least 10. They even had a 3G hemi swap seminar on Friday afternoon.
I was down there on Saturday so I missed that seminar, was it for the Mopar crate program or did it explore other options. Was the 10 cars including vender cars? Even so 10 out of 3000 is a lot less than I expected .

The seminar was from 3 perspectives Ed Buczeskie who installed a 345 crate in his 67 Belevedere. Joe O'Cone who makes nice 3G Intakes, and the shop owner who built the Hellcat challenger convertible.
On the show field 62 Dart Wagon, at least 4 B-bodies, Brown 6.1 Barracuda, Airflow with a 6.4, mid 30's Chrysler with a Hellcat. Green 40's convertible 6.1. Not sure about E-bodies. As far as Mopar crate engines Ed's 5.7, at least one of the hellcats and possibly the 6.4 in the airflow.

The seminar was from 3 perspectives Ed Buczeskie who installed a 345 crate in his 67 Belevedere. Joe O'Cone who makes nice 3G Intakes, and the shop owner who built the Hellcat challenger convertible.
On the show field 62 Dart Wagon, at least 4 B-bodies, Brown 6.1 Barracuda, Airflow with a 6.4, mid 30's Chrysler with a Hellcat. Green 40's convertible 6.1. Not sure about E-bodies. As far as Mopar crate engines Ed's 5.7, at least one of the hellcats and possibly the 6.4 in the airflow.
Hope to see a lot more next year and with luck mine will be up and running

There was this 87 Dakota too
A438A59A-56E6-49A7-9E49-910E9EFFD8CB.jpeg

GrateRonzini, can you elaborate a little? Do you know what he meant by "barely drive it on the street?" Is the engine built a little too radical to be practical on the street(?) or does it just plain have too much power for an Abody?

It definitely was. I spoke to him for a while. Said he could barley drive it on the street. Beautiful car

I think he’s never been able to get the NAG-1 functioning well enough to drive... sweet car for sure...

I think he’s never been able to get the NAG-1 functioning well enough to drive... sweet car for sure...
I think he said once he got the original key from the vehicle it solved the problem. Luckilly the yard they got the engine and that from still had the key. A has to talk to B has to talk to C. Said before that he couldnt get it past 3k. At this point, I think it’s the SRT8 in the 2780# car

Ahh, OK, thank you. Sounds like he was using all the factory electronics and it was in "limp" mode until he got the key. I was concerned that the engine was too much for the car, while I'm out here trying to put a Hellcat in mine. So it appears the old adage is still true, "you can never get enough HP". :)

-
Back