Her 72 scamp.

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
As soon as the new rotors get here (this week) I will be able to set it on the ground and wash the dust off...and clean my garage!!! Everytime I come in from the garage Nikki asks me if the car is done yet.

DSC04183.gif

I need to finnish pollishing the wheels.
DSC04182.gif

DSC04181.gif

DSC04180.gif

DSC04179.gif

DSC04178.gif

DSC04177.gif

DSC04176.gif

2 inch drop blocks in the rear and a new tank.
DSC04175.gif

Mocking up the console brackets is a *****!!!
DSC04174.gif

DSC04173.gif

DSC04172.gif

Waiting for rotors to get here.
DSC04170.gif

DSC04169.gif

DSC04168.gif

DSC04167.gif

DSC04166.gif

After paint
My72scampafterpaint.gif

She still wants a blacked out hood with a 225 slant six decal on it like the 340 dusters had and a black butt stripe.

It's getting there.

Looks good man, where did you get your new gas tank?

I need one for my 71 Dart.

Nice combo! Should run well and look real good. I miss my 72 Scamp :-(. keep us updated!

Thats really awesome.. Looks nice, and should run great!
Why do you have reflectors in the engine bay tho?

Cerwin said:
Thats really awesome.. Looks nice, and should run great!
Why do you have reflectors in the engine bay tho?

They're just sitting there, I need to order some new ones cause the clips on the back are all busted off.

The gas tank was ordered off ebay along with the sending unit.

Thanks guys!!!!

scamp360 said:
Looks great. Love the Hyper-Pac.
Not a Hyper-Pak, it's an Offy I think. Hyper-Paks have straighter runners.

360scamp, nice work. Well done.
Everytime I come in from the garage Nikki asks me if the car is done yet.
Did you tell her these things are never done?

rumblefish360 said:
Not a Hyper-Pak, it's an Offy I think. Hyper-Paks have straighter runners.

360scamp, nice work. Well done.
Did you tell her these things are never done?

Yup it's an Offy.
We have been togeather for just over 5 years now and we have been working on this car for 2 1/2 years. She learned real fast that they are never done and that there is always some new gizmo out there that I will put on her car. She says that when her scamp is done that she wants me to build her a 49 Buick that is chopped, channeled, and sectioned along with a matching lowrider bike to go with it..........how about just the bike, I still need to det my 53 merc truck and my 27 T done!!!

The car looks great, I love Plum Crazy!

Nice to have the support of the little lady :thumbup: I keep getting the "what ya buy now?" but I can't complain she's put up with me for 27 years and that can't be easy :lol:

I found some of the pics we took of the car after it was stripped and getting loaded on the rollback so it could go get some paint.

IMG_0007.gif

IMG_0006.gif

IMG_0005.gif

IMG_0004.gif

IMG_0003.gif

IMG_0002.gif

IMG_0001.gif

My wife is very much like yours. She wants her own bike, a Gran Nat. Buick as well a 68 Charger. She's helped build engines, install my manual tranny's etc.....

Sounds like you will be busy for a while, but they should look good after they are done if the scamp is any indication. It sure makes things easier when you have the support of your partner for sure. My wife isn't in the shop much but she insisted our new house have a good size garage for me and she has fronted me money for my engine as well as some other stuff so I'm not complaining! Good luck on all your builds!

Well the rotors got here and for the first time in about 1 1/2 the car is on the ground!!! I still need to fine tune the ride height. It has a rebuilt stock front end and a 7 1/4 rear with 2 inch drop blocks, KYB's on all 4, right now it's got the stock springs but I have a set of heavy duty ones in the rafters that I need to clean up and paint.
Nikki came out in the garage and made a weird squeaky sound and jumped up and down when she saw it. I also got a battery for it today and checked all the lights, they work, turn signals work, and I also bumped the motor over just to see if it was all wired up right. It WILL be one the road this summer damn it!!!!

DSC04223-1.jpg

DSC04308.jpg

DSC04303.jpg

DSC04300.jpg

DSC04299.jpg

DSC04298.jpg

DSC04295.jpg

This is Bob, he is the neighborhood cat that hangs out in my garage while Im working.
DSC04309.jpg

DSC04302.jpg

DSC04301.jpg

OMG! DUDE! Stop painting pictures!!!! LOL!
Nikki came out in the garage and made a weird squeaky sound and jumped up and down when she saw it.
That's great though. I like how the cat just comes in and makes himself at home. He's like, "Ohhh, lookie here, a pillow on some front row tires. Sweeeeeeeeet."

Great job. i love the color. Makes me want to get off my a$$ and get back to my Swinger. keep the pics flowing
jeff

haha.. looks great.. and she sure looksl like shes ready for the summer.. No doubt there.

Looking good. I live in Washington and get over to the Seattle area every so often so maybe I'll get to see it sometime. Do they still do the thing at BCC?

It's pretty cool when you can find a cat that doesn't get all worked up and freak out from the noises and stuff that happens from working in the garage. I have quite of few cats because of the mice from living on rural acreage with animal feed and stuff. I have one cat, Charger, he is a black and white cat that will come in the garage or anywere where I am for that matter and hang out. Awhile ago I heard something behind me and it was Charger up on the hoist runner watching weld some exhaust on one of my cars and he was batting at the sparks from the mig. I decided I had better shoe him out when I weld so he doesn't go blind from watching me. Anyone know of a welding helmet that will fit a cat? LOL.

Chuck

-
Back