Here has been my winter project

-

9secSmallBlock

Here comes a lot of pictures of race car. The project started innocent enough as we were attempting to install lower quarter panels to get the original wheel opening back on car. It has since manifested into replacement of steel doors, glass, trunk, and hood. We now have Fiberglass doors, lexan windows, fiberglass trunk, and a newer design hood and scoop. The attempt was to shave as much weight as possible so that the SB stroker will power this car to the mid 9 second range this year. I also added a newer style wheel to update. The picture that will be posted at end is the paint design that will be used for my car only mine will have the inverse scheme of this car i.e. where that car is silver mine will be blue and vice versa. Enjoy the pics and all comments are welcome.
eaabe6e5.jpg

eaabe6c0.jpg

eaabe694.jpg

eaabe66d.jpg

eaabe645.jpg

eaabe624.jpg

eaabe5f8.jpg

eaabe5e0.jpg

eaabe5ce.jpg

eaabe5ac.jpg

eafd5b92.jpg

eafd5aee.jpg

eafd5a1c.jpg

eafd596c.jpg

eafd58d3.jpg

eafd5872.jpg

eae474f8.jpg

eae474de.jpg

eae474dc.jpg

eae474cf.jpg

eae474bf.jpg

eae474b9.jpg

eae474a9.jpg

eae4749b.jpg

eae47476.jpg

eae47458.jpg

eae47438.jpg

eae4742e.jpg

ead8d797.jpg

ead8d75e.jpg

ead8d740.jpg

ead8d707.jpg

ead8d6c0.jpg

ead8d6a7.jpg

ead8d668.jpg

ead8d626.jpg

eac25e73.jpg

eac25e54.jpg

eac25e39.jpg

eac25e14.jpg

eac25def.jpg

eac25dca.jpg

eac25da9.jpg

eac25d81.jpg

eac25d64.jpg

eac25d3a.jpg

eac25d18.jpg

PAGE 2
eac25cef.jpg

eac25cd6.jpg

eacd5f03.jpg

eacd5efd.jpg

eacd5ef5.jpg

eacd5eeb.jpg

eacd5ee8.jpg

eacd5edf.jpg

eacd5ed8.jpg

eacd5ed5.jpg

eacd5ece.jpg

eacd5ec7.jpg

eacd5ebe.jpg

eacd5ebe.jpg

eacd5eb8.jpg

eacd5eb4.jpg

And here is what the finished product should look like
ebbb5e30.jpg

super nice work and some good pic's of your prodject.
Cant wait to see it on the line waiting for a green light. :headbang:

Are you building 2 cars to look the same?

dont you already have a checker flagged in the garage?

Real nice work tho.. i gotta say... :thumbup:

WOW !

just posting all that would have been a winter project for me !

Looking great! Hard work paying off!!

jealousy reigns .... lol

-RPM

Cerwin said:
Are you building 2 cars to look the same?

dont you already have a checker flagged in the garage?

Real nice work tho.. i gotta say... :thumbup:

Yeah, the car are going to be intended to look the same, only with inverse paint scheme. Mine will have silver flames, whereas Dads has blue flames. Oh yeah his is a 572 inch big block that should run low 8's this year while mine is 408 inch sb that will run mid 9's. Should drop some jaws the first itme we go out. :tongue9:

You know that Dads are great.... that is his garage...part of a five stall that has been sectioned off. Those 2 bays are heated by propane overhead and stay about 65* out there... Even during these last few weeks when it's been like single digits. The concrete is even warm to lay on. He called tonight to tell me to come tomorrow to haul it to paint booth. Paint should be applied this weekend. :toothy7:

Here is to all the great dad's out there :drinkers: :drinkers:

Totally awesome, I always enjoy seeing pictures of other peoples projects and their progress. Thanks.

Nice work! , but good god.... How do you get into that ? Thru the Pass side? I think that may be the true mark of a race car... How long does it take you to get inside..lol Have a Great Safe Season...

-
Back