Here you go Hops!

-

dartnabout

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
It’s a cool summer evening as the young man comes to a stop at the red light. He is thinking that it is the last light for quite a distance and what better time than now to test his latest adjustments on his tuner car. The exhaust is ringing with that new Turbo tail pipe that he just installed and the throttle response is immediate. As he quickly scans the gauges to see if everything is in order for a solid run he hears a rumble that at first sounds as though his exhaust is coming apart or leaking. He now notices an older gentleman pulling up in the lane next to him. Ah…thank goodness he thinks, it is his car that is doing the rumbling. The old fellow must be hard of hearing and does not realize his exhaust is making such a noise or perhaps he does not have the money to have his exhaust fixed. The young guy looks over and realizes that it is an old man, and he is driving an “old” car (complete with roof rack) as well. He remembers his father telling him of such a car and fun vacations so many years ago. With a great deal of pride the youngster decides to rev his engine to let the old guy know just what is sitting beside him and the performance the “old coot” is about to witness when the light turns green. As he revs his engine he notices that the older guy never looks over but stares straight ahead. But something else catches the young man’s attention… it is a scoop that begins to rise up out of the hood of the old four door relic complete with roof rack. With very little concern he is wondering what is happening to the old man’s car he begins to press the accelerator of his “tuner car” anxiously waiting for the green light and his chance to show his car off to all who may be watching. But the rumble from the old white car gets louder and stronger as well and the young man begins to wonder if this old gentleman is challenging his finely tuned automobile. It was then that the light turned green and the young man’s foot jumped off of the brakes as his other foot slams the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor and his tires begin to smoke as they spin as they try to grip the asphalt for the launch. To the young man’s amazement he notices that his wheels are spinning and grabbing aggressively but the old white car is now moving forward and his is at a standstill…how could this be his speedometer shows 35 in a heartbeat and his engine is singing at the red line on his tach, but it is as though he is not moving because the amazing old four door car, roof rack and all, driven by the older gentleman is steadily pulling away. As he quickly shifts into second gear thinking that this might be his problem he notices even more smoke forming around the rear of the older classic car. Tire smoke that is obviously not his is drifting into his lane. The rumble that he had heard at the red light has now turned in to a thunderous roar of power that is seemingly making the ground around him vibrate. He remembers his father telling him of such cars and in his father’s day they called them sleepers… could this be what he was encountering? As his speed grew even faster he noticed that the beautiful old Dart driven by the charming older gentleman had just left him and his whirring, tinny sounding car behind in smoke. And as the old car pulls away ….etched in the young man’s mind is the question….what is a Popmobile 440?

I love it.
Luckily in my small town, I get to see something like this almost every day I take the Dart out. I just need to get a roof rack?
Anyone got one???
:burnout:
OH yeah, did I say I LOVE IT!!!
:cheers:

you can do a roof rack or an old style U-Haul roof box

Attachments

• imagehandler.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 427
Thats a GREAT one!!!!! LOVE IT! Sleeper....... YEP "Sleeper"...... :cheers:

My Dad and my Grandfather BOTH spoke of such cars......

Had a similar experience with a smart car pulling up beside me at a red light with 2 lanes merging into 1 in 100 feet after the intersection and clearly marked. Really !!! The car might have been smart but the driver was clearly a dumb ***. Smoked him.

LOL ! Great story . It reminds me of a couple of the kids that have made the mistake of pulling up to me in my Warlock . lol

LOL you know I read the replies and when I did the trip to N. Carolina a few months ago, I seen a guy in a Chevy Aveo, Hatchback pulling a rather large (for the car) trailer, with god only knows what in it, in the fast lane on the highway trying to get the thing to thew 70 MPH speed limit. REALLY? In the fast lane, barely doing 63 (if I remember correctly) I flew by only to notice the engine rev'd so high it sound like it was gonna pop, or push out a brick, I don't know which.

A few years ago a ricer was at a red light with me. I had the family in the Cuda he had his girl with him. He kept revving it at the light I did nothing till the light turned. Before I hit 3rd I had him by at least 6 cars and decided he learned something. My family noticed as he edged closer as I stayed steady his girl was now smacking him. Possibly because he lost.

A few years ago a ricer was at a red light with me. I had the family in the Cuda he had his girl with him. He kept revving it at the light I did nothing till the light turned. Before I hit 3rd I had him by at least 6 cars and decided he learned something. My family noticed as he edged closer as I stayed steady his girl was now smacking him. Possibly because he lost.

Thats hysterical!

now add the big v8 started to whistle and then bang bang like an automatic rifle. flames shooting out the side as if gun fire was being sprayed across the land. young drive pisses himself and his girl jumped out the pass seat for safety. believing they where under a terrorist attack of some sorts. the old guy in the slightly rusted and worn painted dart just rolled away from the light like he had no where to go. all while laughing at the fear he laid in the eyes of those 2 fakers. by just applying his 2 step to spool his turbo gen3 hemi v8...... never had to do so much as even squish the side walls of his mt drag radials. they shall forever remember the terrorist dart with the plates reading one simple word to never be forgotten, NOBODY!

-
Back