Hey guys! I've been lurking too long, finally joined.

-

BlueDream

Aspiring Mopar enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone, after about 3 years of lurking I've finally joined the website. I don't know why I've waited so long. I have been working on my Dart for the past few years now and you guys have helped me a lot along the way. Seeing as how this is an A-body place, here are some pictures of mine over the past few years.
IMG_0797_zpsd5899b4a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0795_zpse7a0eddd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1408_zps12f07a7b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1448_zpsee976249.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_3602_zpsb434dcd1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_3493_zps3e32a54f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_3290_zps0bc4e2e5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_3288_zpsa266d78d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_3336_zps86fbffea.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hope that wasn't too many pics for you guys! I just love taking pictures of my car.. My grandfather bought it brand new back in 1973 and he drove it for years and years, then when he stopped driving it and someone in the family had car problems he would lend it to them. I have pictures of it next to his 1977 Trans Am that was identical to the bandit car, I'll have to dig around for those pics! I remember being little and he would let me shift through the gears. The car was my birth right, It was always destined to be mine and now that it is, I've been transforming it from the baby blue family car it's always been into the hot rod muscle machine that i've always seen the potential for it to be. I have had the car in my possession since I was 9 years old and its been a journey getting it to where its at. Sorry if i'm boring you guys, I just get giddy when it comes to Mopars and I tend to ramble! Now i've started to prep for the biggest part of the build, the engine swap. Right now its a dying slant six with a three speed on the floor. I have a 1968 230 horse 318 that i'm going to drop in it and a 727, although I do have a three speed bell housing too but I don't think i'll keep the manual trans because its original and I don't want it exploding. Well guys thanks for looking and i'm looking forward to getting to know you. Until next time, cheers :glasses7:

Have you been lurking or stalking us?? LOL! Welcome! Nice ride you got there.

Welcome to FABO!!! Nice work so far. Looks sweet, and I love the wheels. Don't see them very often these days.:thumbrig:

Don't discount that 3rd pedal being there. A 4spd, with it's close ratio's along with the 318, could make for a sweet ride.

Welcome,my man! Those Trans Am's ,are a Holt to drive ! (Sis ordered a 77 WS6 ,403 Olds powered o.e. It did EVERYTHING well).....

Glad you guys seem to like it! Most of the work was done by 17 year old me a few years ago. The body work, suspension stuff, wheels, selecting all the parts etc. My uncle sprayed the car for me, he actually drove it to his high school prom in 1975.

Welcome aboard , So glad to see another Arkansas member
jump in. Digging your ride and looking forward to watching the V8 transformation
I have enjoyed this great site for many years from
right here in northeast Arkansas.
Keep us updated and let me know what you will be
doing with the old slant and trans. You are going to love the V8.:cheers:

Looks great!!! and welcome, and car has a great history, that's cool its been in the family since the beginning. A 318 will definitely wake it up, like he said you got that 3rd pedal, save it for sure or possibly use it for a 4 speed :burnout:

Welcome! Very nice looking Dart you got there, even better since it has been in the family since the day it left the dealer.

Gotta agree with OldmanRick, try and find a 4 speed for that 318, keep that 3rd pedal functional and besides, you already got the hole in the floor for the shifter.

"Save the Manuals!" (Anybody who reads Car & Driver will relate to that)

Actually I'm the one looking under the car, I'm too young to be a dad but one day i'm sure my kids will tinker on it too :cheers:

Ok..I now feel older :) I have kids your age..

Really enjoy your scoot...I did not come from a family that enjoyed cars...cars were only to get from A to B..if only my dad had bought a winged car when they cam out and put it into storage...

I really want to keep a manual trans but all the four speeds are expensive and out of my price range. The 727 is already on the teen and came with the motor, but if I can find a good four speed for around $500 or less I would love to get one. The only one i've seen for sale recently around here was $1,000 and for a B body. about 7 months ago there was a four speed that I saw for a 73 A body and the guy was asking $500 but seeing as how I just bought the motor, I couldn't buy the four speed. Even if I have to go with an automatic for now, In the future there's a 100% chance of a manual trans finding it's way back in that car. Me and my friends always called automatics ***** sticks and I believe that real hot rods and muscle cars should have three pedals, maybe i'll be able to buy one before too long. I'll just have to see what comes up for sale

Ok..I now feel older :) I have kids your age..

Really enjoy your scoot...I did not come from a family that enjoyed cars...cars were only to get from A to B..if only my dad had bought a winged car when they cam out and put it into storage...

My uncle bought two HEMI cars brand new back in 68 and 69. One was a 68 Charger, It was lime green and I believe it had the HEMI hood scoop on it too. He also bought a yellow 69 Super Bee. They were both four speed cars. He had the Super Bee for a year or two and then sold it off but he kept the Charger for 25 years or so and sold it off in the 90's. He REALLY loved street racing that Charger and regrets selling both of the cars. When I ask him about it he tells me about the sheer power of the fire breathing 426 under the hood and how it would throw you in the back seat. If I can find pictures of them i'll be sure to post them.

Sorry i have been stalking your beautiful car !! Love the wheel and rim choice. What size are those rims ? How wide ?

This has reminded me how far my car (and my knowledge) has come since joining the forum.

Since then I've stuffed a 318...then a 340 in the car and I have all my 4 speed swap parts. I'm just waiting till I get time off of school to swap it all in.

Maybe I should start a resto thread..

-
Back