Hey, I'm back !!

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
Hey everyone, it's been a while.

I need some help placing a value on one of my MOPARS.

I can't remember if this is the right place to post such a question?

I will wait to post until I hear if this is OK or how I should go about this.

I looked at some for sale adds and the prices are all over the map.

What I'm thinking is (if I get the ok) I would just post a brief description of the car and parts. No pics. Then folks could give me a ball park number that I can use to post in the for sale area with full pics and descriptions.

I just wanna make sure this don't come off as a fishing post.

Thanks again for all the time and advice over the last fifteen years.

Hey everyone, it's been a while.

I need some help placing a value on one of my MOPARS.

I can't remember if this is the right place to post such a question?

I will wait to post until I hear if this is OK or how I should go about this.

I looked at some for sale adds and the prices are all over the map.

What I'm thinking is (if I get the ok) I would just post a brief description of the car and parts. No pics. Then folks could give me a ball park number that I can use to post in the for sale area with full pics and descriptions.

I just wanna make sure this don't come off as a fishing post.

Thanks again for all the time and advice over the last fifteen years.
Welcome back. What's it worth threads usually get deleted simply because the scavengers out there offer to buy some parts or flood your message box with offers. The site sale rules aren't followed and if something goes wrong with the sale you don't have feedback to go back to. I don't think it's a good idea.

Hey, I remember you

Your junk is worthless, just send it to me and I'll dispose of it

tenor-8.gif

No problem, I'm glad I asked first. I'd not want my fist post back to be me blowing it and I kinda remember those posts always seem to go sideways.

I would very much like to get some feed back on current values if anyone who is not looking to buy has time, shoot me a PM.

Thanks again for the time and advice.

One last thing. If you PM me to discuss value and then try and buy the car, you ain't getting it. (Fair warning)

Thanks again.

I'd be real interested in hearing what you want to offload and what the informed market has to say.

Don't worry, its not anything special or super valuable.

If ya want shoot me a PM and I will tell you, just know if you are even remotely looking to buy then just wait and see.
:)

im curious to see what you are looking to unload too, but im not going to fill your imbox with my wonderings, ill just keep an eye out for it when it comes up for sale

on a different note, how have you been ?

I will say this. Prices vary so much by location.
If you watch the Mecum auctions on TV, the top feeders are buying and paying $$$. Whether up or down I can't say. But 99% of that is chevy. Some highend Moparollections did sellat Fa. for big $ other day.
Her in Tx which is NOT a mopar state IMO, am seeing a lot more decent projects with realistic prices or dropping prices.
I have no idea what done cars or real desirable cras are actually bring.

Its worth lots and lots...had a guy ask me for a fender extension for a 70-72 dart I said 50 bucks he said "too much" I said "that's what they go for..." isnt like 50 bucks is alot of money or something...:)

Thanks guys. It nice to be welcomed back.

I have had a lot of things going on lately. I'm gonna make some big changes in my life. Starting a family, getting married and such. With all that I have planed I came to a hard decision. I am closing my shop and leaving San Jose. I will be leaving the bay area and moving where the cost of living is less.

My mom is not doing well so I want to be closer to where she lives (Sacramento area). The nature of the custom car building is more boom and bust than I feel comfortable dealing with while rasing a kid. I don't want to be worrying about money all the time while working 7 days a week.

I'm gonna go back in the trades and just work 9-5, Monday- Friday.
Ya know, like a normal sane person.

With all the changes I'm gonn sell basically everything, all the cars and my truck. This way I will be sitting on a nice little pile. I can buy a nice ring and have money left over for emergencies.

It's not a decision I came to Easley but I feel in my heart it is the right decision. It's time for me to finally grow up and make some hard choices. I really didn't want to disclose my future plans because, on one hand I feel like I failed but everyone here has been a huge help over the last 15 years and I have made a few pretty good friend here so yeah.. that is what's happening and why I'm selling stuff.

Thank you all for your time and advice over the years. I truly could not have done it with out you.

It's not a decision I came to Easley but I feel in my heart it is the right decision. It's time for me to finally grow up and make some hard choices. I really didn't want to disclose my future plans because, on one hand I feel like I failed but everyone here has been a huge help over the last 15 years and I have made a few pretty good friend here so yeah.. that is what's happening and why I'm selling stuff.

That doesn't sound like a faliure to me. It sounds like you've got your head on straight and you're making smart decisions. I'm in the Sacramento area and am happy to help you out with anything if the need arises. Just let me know.

Thanks guys. It nice to be welcomed back.

I have had a lot of things going on lately. I'm gonna make some big changes in my life. Starting a family, getting married and such. With all that I have planed I came to a hard decision. I am closing my shop and leaving San Jose. I will be leaving the bay area and moving where the cost of living is less.

My mom is not doing well so I want to be closer to where she lives (Sacramento area). The nature of the custom car building is more boom and bust than I feel comfortable dealing with while rasing a kid. I don't want to be worrying about money all the time while working 7 days a week.

I'm gonna go back in the trades and just work 9-5, Monday- Friday.
Ya know, like a normal sane person.

With all the changes I'm gonn sell basically everything, all the cars and my truck. This way I will be sitting on a nice little pile. I can buy a nice ring and have money left over for emergencies.

Thank you all for your time and advice over the years. I truly could not have done it with out you.
I completely disagree with any notion that you "failed". You have succeeded in business, and now have decided to take another step forward in life.
Congratulations on your new life goals!

Life is an evolution, nothing stays the same. Best of luck in your new direction!

@Cope even if you sell all of your stuff, I hope you’ll peek your head in and say hi once in a while. Good luck with the new plan.
PS, can we occasionally hire you out to do sheet metal work?

I want the lug nut on the right front on the top. It has to be the top one.

Sadly, I will no longer be doing metal work.

There is a chance down the road that I will return to building cars but it seems unlikely.

Thank you for all the kind words, you folks are great.

How about in an advisory capacity? Your wealth of knowledge is much appreciated. Or just stop by to piss off RRR? Thats therapy all by itself.

I dont consider what your doing a failure in the slightest. Consider it a hiatus at most. Some day you and your kid may build together and it will be better than ever. Congratulations on you future and may god bless you and your family.

-
Back