Hey Walmart I know................

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
.........Let's put the largest, heaviest batteries you sell on the TOP SHELF!!........

Went out to buy a good heavy group 27 for the RAM today. Yup. Way up there

They did it cause they knew you were comin. lol

You only needed one?
What kind of Tonka truck are you working on?

You only needed one?
What kind of Tonka truck are you working on?
It already has one in it---same battery actually. I don't even remember where that one came from, it was either in the truck or one of the junkers I got rid of. In other words it has two

On a side note, that truck has been the best "cold start" rig I've ever owned. It can sit out there for a couple weeks in winter----I didn't used to drive it much because it WAS 2WD-- (actually I calll them ONE wheel drive) and fire right up after cranking for less than 5 seconds. Most the time, it cranks 2-3 seconds and it's RUNNING. Even lately with only one battery, it has been starting at 20F or so after maybe 5-10 seconds

It already has one in it---same battery actually. I don't even remember where that one came from, it was either in the truck or one of the junkers I got rid of. In other words it has two
Cool, your not worried this will shorten the life span of the new battery?
I was always told you shouldn't mix new and old batteries (but at today's cost, I can totally see why you would)

I wonder what makes your truck start so well I'm winter?

My plow truck is a 6.0 diesel and a real pain to start when it's cold, or sits for a few days

Even funnier is Walmart owns the bronco's lol

That’s knowing by experience. I just changed out two in my dodge 3/4 ton four wheel drive this summer. And almost broke my neck when the milk crate I was standing on kicked out. Lol.
Ooh that sounds like it was almost a very bad day. I did that slide once and sounded like my ribs were strummed like a guitar lol

Interstate Megatron Plus. The one in Grandpa's Cummins Ram sat for a decade without being started or charged, got completely immersed in Lyons Colorado flood, and STILL started the truck when it was delivered to my place.

I was always told you shouldn't mix new and old batteries (but at today's cost, I can totally see why you would)

My plow truck is a 6.0 diesel and a real pain to start when it's cold, or sits for a few days
Don't know. Might check into fuel pump issues.

It's an 01 24V with about 145K. Always started great. I have a "tune" about 1 step above stock, I don't even remember the box I use. Either stock or with the "tune" it has always started "instantly"

I think the old battery is not that old, 17? I think? I agree with you it is likely better to "match" them.

Except for the date, these are exactly the same batteries

Can’t see it mattering to the batteries if there is an isolater for charging. Where only one is being charged at a time.

No isolator, they are in direct parallel.

Isolators, unless there has been some huge scientific change, do not "charge one at a time." Most isolators are a pair of diodes, and can be dangerous. If the diode to the main opens, the main won't charge but the sense wire will want the alternator to ramp up as it thinks it's dead. So the spare battery will get boiled

I recommend ONLY to use continuous duty solenoids for second batteries such as campers, and if you run the main down somehow, you can jumper the solenoid and use the second to "jump" the main.

What if you have four batteries and two alternators?
(My box truck. Two for the diesel, two for the lift gate....)

Last edited:
-
Back