Hey Ya from Jersey

-

lacko

Reaction score
Love the site, can't wait to use all the knowledge from you memmbers. I have a 67 Barracuda 273 totally stock Convertible which I'm restoring now, along with an original 383 71 cuda with numbers matching engine which I am having done. Yep, two in the cooker, none on the table.
I have a question right off the bat...can I get the strut rods out of the front end without tearing it down??? Hate to remove the torsion bars and lower control arms, but those bushings need to be done!
So thanks for your help!! :razz:

Welcome aboard!:hello2:

As for your strut rod question NO,you will have to pull the lower control arm also. Sorry!

Welcome, Ya the front end ? might as well pull lower cont. arms and rebush as well. they arn't really that bad once you get it apart. Will need a press for the cont. arm bushings. My dad is doing the same on his 67 Hemi charger---Getting ready for Hot Rod reunion in Bowling green KY. next month.

Welcome.

I just swapped in a set of Adjusttable strut rods and a set of new LCA bushings in my car. I picked up an extra set of control arms and had them already to go before I removed the old ones. Only took about an hour per side.

lacko said:
I have a question right off the bat...can I get the strut rods out of the front end without tearing it down??? Hate to remove the torsion bars and lower control arms, but those bushings need to be done!
So thanks for your help!! :p

Everyone is correct. Lower arms HAVE to move back to get the strut rods out. That means the T-bars slide back too, which also means dropping the adjuster on the T-bars. Start soaking those adjuster screws NOW..... and like Adam suggested have a freshly done set of arms waiting can make a crappy job something less aggravating.

Welcome! I guess you know by now what you need to do about your front end:-k Check out the American Muscle website and if you need any of those parts let me know, I can get you a pretty good deal. They make the stuff for Mancini.

I think this was the guy whom I bought my convertible from down the shore. He is long gone, but I still have the car. I bought it as a non-starting and non-running car on eBay.
7FDA6503-00C8-4C68-8A02-1BF3A82976E5.jpeg
FD46380F-1336-4690-BD5F-3C0C60C131B6.jpeg
7F5D908E-9D56-4831-927B-AC58EC06A3C2.jpeg
C56F6C61-3966-4D2C-839B-50EBA5598379.jpeg
F1EF5CDE-DE79-4438-BDF1-44B50C8E161C.jpeg
5226EE56-5276-483B-BD64-832735C535AC.jpeg

I think this was the guy whom I bought my convertible from down the shore. He is long gone, but I still have the car. I bought it as a non-starting and non-running car on eBay.
Nicely done!

-
Back