Hi all

-

Hillside hemi

Reaction score
Hi all! zach here from Minnesota. Just wanted to say hi to everybody I've been in the Classic Car World since I've been 14 my old man's got a 60 Plymouth Valiant and a 66 Barracuda. About a month ago I recently bought a 65 Valiant 2 door hardtop :) going to do a full restore on it in the next couple years right now I've been making her look a little nicer in the emblems repainted cleaning some stuff up she's a beaut

20180523_183526.jpg

photo0.jpeg

20180529_190422.jpg

20180614_222553.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Zach, Welcome to FABO. Post lots of pics of your car, we like pics. What part of Minn.? Were you at Farmington a few weekends ago? toolmanmike

"Hillside Hemi" is just another fun name for Mopar's slant 6. Like "Buzzin Half Dozen" or "leaning tower of power"
I bought it with the hillside Hemi decals on it i think it looks kind of neat but knowing the meaning behind it is why I haven't removed them kind of funny at the same time when I get the car totally redone I might put them back on not sure yet :)

Hi all! zach here from Minnesota. Just wanted to say hi to everybody I've been in the Classic Car World since I've been 14 my old man's got a 60 Plymouth Valiant and a 66 Barracuda. About a month ago I recently bought a 65 Valiant 2 door hardtop :) going to do a full restore on it in the next couple years right now I've been making her look a little nicer in the emblems repainted cleaning some stuff up she's a beaut

View attachment 1715187693

View attachment 1715187695

View attachment 1715187700

View attachment 1715187702
Here's a better picture of the back you can actually see the hillside above above the Hemi

20180615_085425.jpg

Don't know which way I want to go yet if I want to do her completely stock or if I want to restore custom I do have all the parts for the matching engine that's in there to make that stock and I did pick up another Slant six that's on the engine stand right now I was going to Hot Rod that one don't know which way to go for sure just bored out Beef It Up was thinking since I have the headers find a way to put a twin turbo on the 6 that's on the stand.. I do like that color on the car so I'm going to keep it that color when I repaint it it does have the original interior don't know if I want to put the original back in when I strip it out I should make it modern interior got a lot to think about she's going to be a fun project so any pointers or ideas throw them out there. :)

Love the color for sure. Are you going for something like this? One of my favorites.
6324.jpg

Here's some more pictures I haven't done anything to it since I picked it up besides a tune-up, new plugs, wires, timing chain, and gears ,water pump coil, cap put the electronic deal in the distributor and get rid of the points, got rebuild kit and rebuild the carburetor, exhaust and intake gasket and wrap the headers She's purring like a kitten radiators got a small little leak on the one corner trying to decide if I should find a OEM One or put in a aluminum one in...... it's not too bad right now I was going to drive around for a little bit till I figure out the way I want to build her then start ordering stripping :)

20180615_092310.jpg

20180615_092243.jpg

20180615_092228.jpg

20180615_092147.jpg

20180615_092138.jpg

Last edited:
Here's some more pictures I haven't done anything to it since I picked it up besides a tune-up, new plugs, wires, timing chain, and gears ,water pump coil, cap put the electronic deal in the distributor and get rid of the points, got rebuild kit and rebuild the carburetor, exhaust and intake gasket and wrap the headers She's purring like a kitten radiators got a small little leak on the one corner trying to decide if I should find a OEM One or put in a aluminum one in...... it's not too bad right now I was going to drive around for a little bit till I figure out the way I want to build her then start ordering stripping :)

View attachment 1715187777

View attachment 1715187779

View attachment 1715187780

View attachment 1715187781

View attachment 1715187782
I'd go aluminum... It'll be a nice addition to the few other dress up items. Sweet ride bro

Just rolling up an update....Well got the aluminum radiator in today. Now we're good to roll for a while till I figure out how I want to build it I was thinking custom and crazy even putting suicide doors on it... ;)

20180629_175957.jpg

Just rolling up an update....Well got the aluminum radiator in today. Now we're good to roll for a while till I figure out how I want to build it I was thinking custom and crazy even putting suicide doors on it... ;)

View attachment 1715192941

I think I`d clean that puppy up a little, and drive it. It`s a kick *** car as is. U can always get something not so nice to play and change things on.

I think I`d clean that puppy up a little, and drive it. It`s a kick *** car as is. U can always get something not so nice to play and change things on.

Looks like the only thing really needed (in the pics) is a new trunk mat !!

-
Back