Hi everyone from the proud owner of a 69 Dart

-

Abodies4ever

Reaction score
Brand new to the forum, and hope someone out there can help. I am buildinding a midlife crisis car (as my wife calls it) and need some advice. This is a frame up resto on a 69 Dart. Plan to drop in a 318 to replace the tired old slant six, and want to beef up the suspension and add disc brakes. Does anyone know of a website that could tell me what compatible donor cars I can rob parts from? Any help is greatly appreciated

Welcome aboard!

I think pretty much all the '67-'76 a-body stuff is fairly compatible, but what specific parts are you looking to rob?

There's a forum for brakes here where you should be able to find threads that discuss the various disc brake swap options (Kelsey Hayes SBP, 73+ BBP, Scare Bird, etc.). There's also a forum that is focused on suspension. The search button is your friend!

You've come to the right place! Check the appropriate forums and use the search function. You can also use Google, search "for a bodies only disc brake conversion" and check back with us in a few days when you're done reading!

Good luck and welcome aboard!

Thank you very much for the responses, 64DartGT and Brian T. Will look around and see what I can find. Looks like I finally found the site I've been looking for.

Welcome! any questions you can PM, maybe I can help. MT. AND you are real close to me! let me know if I can help.

Thank you, MT. I will definitely keep you in mind, because I WILL have a LOT of questions. This is all brand new to me, but I look forward to this endeavor

Welcome..You,ve hit the mother load joining this group FABO.Many knowledgeable members here willing to help with ANYTHING about your A-body Mopar.Also lots to read in the forums section about any swaps your gonna attempt.Enjoy!:D

Welcome to FABO! Great screen name!!

Nothing wrong with a "midlife crisis" car. Much better than a "midlife crisis" woman :glasses7:

Welcome to fabo, your new home away from home!! There should be no shortage of information about your plans right here on our site, the 69 dart is probably one of the most popular cars on anyone's map!! Lots of good info, and people here to help out!! Enjoy our humble site, glad to have you with us!! Geof

welcome to the site from ct. let me know if i can help ya find any parts for your car.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 234
Welcome aboard! You'll find plenty of information and help here to get your car where you want it.

Welcome aboard! 2 things, need pics and where are you going with the car? 360's are falling off the trees and the swap is virtually the same. All the best, Wayne

Welcome! Currently working on 69 Dart Custom Project,(my last) LOL
/6 conversion etc. Speak up about anything you may need.

Mycuda

looks like mine but its a 4 door. i love 4 doors. putting cop car 15x7 steelies with the big and small tire package. other than small scoop to clear tall air cleaner if it doesnt fit it looks like a 75 family car.

Will post pics soon, but right now it is in the " frame off " stage. Had a heat and sound proof undercoating put on. It still looks pretty rough

-
Back