Hi from Massachusetts

-

MassDart

Lifelong Dart fan
Reaction score
Hello all. Nice to be here. My love affair with Dodge Darts started in 1977, when I bought my first car at 16. A 1968 Dart GT convertible in dark turquoise with white interior and white roof and boot. I bought the car from a buddy for 100 dollars as it didn't run (my how times have changed). It turned out it had a blown piston. The motor was a 225. Me and my Dad rebuilt the motor and I had many happy miles in it. One night I made a poor decision to let my then girlfriend who was a new driver driver, drive it. We were on a dirt road, she over accelerated on a corner, lost control and center punched the car straight into a tree. The damage was significant, even bending the panel in front of the trunk. Fortunately, we were lucky and were uninjured. I was devastated. I loved that car.

Well, for years, I've been looking for Darts and have watched the prices go pretty high. It was pretty obvious that my thoughts of getting a nice GT convertible for reasonable money were slim.

Well, some 43 years later, I have finally purchased another (not a GT and not a convertible) and am looking forward to having a longer relationship. Here's my new adventure. A 1967 with a 273. All original (except for a freshening up with a paint job) Texas car with zero rust and matching numbers. So thanks, and happy to be here.

1621965934821-XL.jpg

cef59bd300_1280-XL.jpg

323e366785_1280-XL.jpg

19d2e212c8_1280-XL.jpg

Welcome to FABO....
Welcome to FABO.gif

Nice car...

Paak the caa in the Haavaad Yaad....

(My first roommate in college was from Boston...)

Welcome to FABO.

Nice Ride!

I do not miss living up there though!

Hey 80F, do you know of any Performance/Speed mechanic shops in the area? I'm still fairly new to the area.

Feel free to message me anytime and I'll gladly give you my cell as well. Not alot "speed shops" for the hot rods anymore. Mostly late model stuff. I try to do most work myself. I have seen one or two on facebook posts from Hartford area. I'll forward info when I see them. Do know a local guy that can possibly help with working on your ride. Long time car guy with personal/smaller shop. Builds some cool stuff. Just finished assembling a 70ish Cuda (full resto) for a guy and it's beautiful.

Also got a friend that like to cruise alot and sets up large gatherings/shows/cruises, etc. He's in Palmer area as well.

Feel free to message me anytime and I'll gladly give you my cell as well. Not alot "speed shops" for the hot rods anymore. Mostly late model stuff. I try to do most work myself. I have seen one or two on facebook posts from Hartford area. I'll forward info when I see them. Do know a local guy that can possibly help with working on your ride. Long time car guy with personal/smaller shop. Builds some cool stuff. Just finished assembling a 70ish Cuda (full resto) for a guy and it's beautiful.

Also got a friend that like to cruise alot and sets up large gatherings/shows/cruises, etc. He's in Palmer area as well.

Great. Thanks. Most of my mechanical ability is on restoring old Italian motorcycles and I'm not really set up for working on the Dart (pretty much all of my tools are metric) so I was looking for someone that could put the cam in when I get it.

:welcome: from:canada:.
Great story about your first love, unfortunately it suffered the same fate as so many others have.
That is a very sharp 67 you have, looks really good in that green and white combo.

-
Back