Hi po manifold hardware question

-

ESP47

Reaction score
I bought a hardware kit that comes with a couple of these sleeve nuts. I'm guessing they go on the left and right side of the passenger manifold and screw into a stud but neither one physically fits in the holes. I'd have to drill the holes out a little bit to get them to fit, which has me worried about cracking the manifolds. Anyone ever ran into this issue before?

mancini-racing-exhaust-manifold-sleeve-nut-11.gif

1970-340-hi-po-exhaust-manifolds-jpg.jpg

I bought a hardware kit that comes with a couple of these sleeve nuts. I'm guessing they go on the left and right side of the passenger manifold and screw into a stud but neither one physically fits in the holes. I'd have to drill the holes out a little bit to get them to fit, which has me worried about cracking the manifolds. Anyone ever ran into this issue before?

View attachment 1715898132

View attachment 1715898133
Looks like that's where they should go. The holes in the manifold you pictured clearly has larger holes. What year and engine are you working with? Here's a 68-70 kit. Exhaust Manifold Fastener Kit 1968-70 340, Exhaust Manifold Fasteners, 110-EMHK8135 Reproduction, NOS and Used Mopar Muscle Car Parts

I would clearance the hardware if possible. How much do you need to remove?

I wouldn't have to remove a ton. It's pretty close but I'd shoot myself if I broke off the ear on one of these things.

Looks like that's where they should go. The holes in the manifold you pictured clearly has larger holes. What year and engine are you working with? Here's a 68-70 kit. Exhaust Manifold Fastener Kit 1968-70 340, Exhaust Manifold Fasteners, 110-EMHK8135 Reproduction, NOS and Used Mopar Muscle Car Parts

It's a 68 340 with this exact kit right here.

fits 68 69 70 340 HP Exhaust Manifold Fastener Kit NEW | eBay

edit - actually right now I am fitting it up to a 318 (year unknown) so I can get the exhaust installed. I'll be dropping in the 340 sometime this summer.

Those should fit. Make sure any loose rust is removed from the manifold holes with a dremel or file. Other than that i would grind down the hardware on a grinder or belt sander.

Those should fit. Make sure any loose rust is removed from the manifold holes with a dremel or file. Other than that i would grind down the hardware on a grinder or belt sander.

Thanks. Grinding down the hardware is a good idea. I'll try it on the belt sander.

Never remove material on the non replaceable part.

Turn down the sleeve nut. It IS replaceable.

The sleeve nuts are for the passenger's side only. They won't fit in those really BIG holes? If not, you either got the wrong kit or the sleeve nuts were machined incorrectly. I would turn the nuts down before I did anything to the manifold.

Thanks guys, I'll measure it when I get home today. Either way I think the mystery has been solved so I appreciate all the help as usual.

-
Back