HID headlights

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
our family hauler is a '13 mazda CX-9 and the headlights on it are just pitiful
in fact, i would drive with the brights on because the high beams just werent cutting it

i had tried a cheap 35 watt HID kit of ebay (one with good reviews all over) and the result was disappointing
then i remembered a buddy of mine used to have a ricer with HIDs in it that were just blinding, so i asked him where he got his and he said DDM tuning

so i went online and ordered their 55 watt set and installed it about a week ago

these things are the bomb
i think i paid about 60 bucks for them and they rock
not only can i see, ive had them in for a week now and i havent been flashed once by oncoming traffic which tells me they arent blinding anyone

only downside is, when i turn my brights one, it doesnt seem to make it any brighter, just a little yellower

so, i figured id let you guys know, because i am impressed with these

I had a 2004 mini Cooper with HID's, I loved them, they lit up the deer around here well. Traded it in on a new Challenger and it only has regular halogen lights, I really miss the HID's.

this kit (i guess most of em) was completely plug and play
i had to drill a 1 inch hole through the plastic cap at the back of the head lights, to run the wiring through
the plug that normally goes to the bulb now goes to the wiring harness, through the grommet and out the cap
then it connects to the ballast, and two other wires come out of that (through the grommet into the cap) plug those two wires into the new bulb and that it

(you do want to drill a few holes to mount the ballast somewhere, but thats peanuts)

think it took me about 20 minutes and that was because some brilliant engineer decided the best place for the coolant overflow reservoir was right in front of the passenger side headlight)

-
Back