High Back Buckets from a 74 Charger

-

Six Barrel Bill

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
We are building a '71 Demon, original bench seat car. A guy brought us over some high back bucket seats and buddy seat from what he says is a '74 Charger.

I've been looking at numerous posts and it seems there was some kind of conversion from a "spring" back to no back. I pulled off the plastic seat back and I did not see any springs, just a hollow area with foam on the front side.

Aside from the seat tracks, is it possible to buy the correct '71 Demon seat foam and covers for these seats and have them work?

Thanks for your help, Bill

OR because these Charger seats have a solid plastic back and hinge covers, could '72 Demon seat foam and covers be a better option?

I think you answered your own question.

OK, so lets see if I have this correct. 70 to early 71 had soft backs. Late 71 and on had the one piece plastic backs that covered the hinges. So that means the 72 demon buckets were hard backs and because of that the foam is specific for that reason?

The guy I got these from also has 71 high back buckets from his Satellite. Would it be better to get those even if they had hard backs? Is there a big difference between 71 and 74 high back buckets?

Attached are the seats he brought me. If these will work for 72 Demon foam and covers we will use them. But, I still don't see that they sell 72 Demon foams.

Can I just use the 71 foam and covers even though this is a hard back?

Bill

Seat1.jpg

Seat2.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back