A few months later and everything had been going good tell one day i noticed coolant leaking from one of the intake studs. I removed the intake and exhaust ant started to remove all the studs to put rtv on them and just bolt it all back together. but this did not go to plan as i snapped one of the studs off inside the head. i then went to remove the stud with a screw extractor and the screw extractor broke off inside the stud too now. i was not going to try any other way to remove the studs as i feared i was going to mess up the head more. I decide to get the stud and extractor spark extracted by a machine shop.
Earlier that year i had driven up and bought a lot of parts from a fellow a bodies only member i think his username is outsider. this lot included a super six intake manifold. I had been reading on the forums about turbo build and decided that was my end goal for the slant six but was going to port the head and put bigger valves in addition to the 2 barrel carb.
I ordered the oversize valves and other components to rebuild the head this was in the height of the pandemic so shipping was going to take a while.
while the parts were shipping i removed the head and started to port it myself i did not know much so i read all the posts i could find on here and got a carbide bur tool and used it in a drill.
I did not blow a hole in any water jackets so i would consider it a win after the porting i sent the head off to the machine shop for the bigger valves, resurfacing, and the spark extraction that started the whole project.
I got it back from the machine shop and bolted it all together then had to refab the throttle and kickdown cable for the new carb. i started off with a 4412s holley carb 500cfm but this was to much so i switched out to a 350.
I got it finished just intime for the 4th of july.