highest dollar Hot Wheels

-
Just saw Roger Dodger rereleased as an approximately 1/35 scale assembly kit with weird tires and a poorly executed option for the exposed, oversized engine.

Yesterday at wal-mart.

That oddball half Challenger, half 73/74 Charger SE has had a hell of a long run.

I've got a beat up original in the carrying case collection. So now they are doing larger scale cars? Vacuum form a body and make a slot car...nobody else would have one!

Just a year or so ago Hotwheels were $1.09 and I just picked some up the other day and the were over $2! Inflation is hitting everywhere.

The M2 and Autoworld stuff that was $4.99 is now around $7.95.

Yikes! When I was out of work in the late 80's for a couple months, I spent lots of time at WalMart, Toys R Us and other stores looking for Hot Wheels. Remember the two cars in one pack for 99 cents? Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end...

I got this VW bug still in package. But package is in bad condition.

Found it at my Aunt's when I helped move here years ago. She got it as part of a gas station promo and never gave it to me. That side of the family are collectors :rolleyes: Kids at the end of the Great Depression.

Copy of IMG_0131.jpg

-
Back