Hilariously bad business names...,and sharing good/bad Americana...

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
About four years ago,was in Northern California on vacation. Always drive the back roads,looking for that "Americana feel". Near Oakhurst(?) see a bar, with the usual amount of Harley's out front. The interesting part: The business was named the " Dirty Donkey",& and the road sign was written on an white easel board,with erasable marker. Absolutely, my kind of place!(lol!).. My sister didn't feel like wise,so we compromised...
Share the strange Americana, you have run into...(I dare you,lol...)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZulXazb4HA"]Russell Peters - Asian People Talk (Outsourced) - YouTube[/ame]

A carry-out only Chinese restaurant in the northern Metro-Detroit area

Attachments

• Takee Outee.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 516
Idk, wife didn't see the humor in this but I thought it was funny.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 416
I did not take this photo, but I used to have one I DID take.

zzyzx_road__897200.jpg

Idaho.........and other places........had so many of these stolen, they changed the sign

11.jpg

I always got a good laugh out of this insurance company in town "cox & fiddler" ? I'm not driving down there to take a picture, but it exists.

We had a restaurant here many years ago called "sambo's". I think it might have been a national chain. I'll leave the icon image to your imagination. And how about the frito bandito.

Somewhere around Rolla MO (on I-40 I believe) is the Uranus Fudge Factory.. Got billboards along the highway and everything. They sell lots of T-shirts. My favorite said, "THE BEST FUDGE IN THE WORLD COMES FROM URANUS"...

A carry-out only Chinese restaurant in the northern Metro-Detroit area

I've actually eaten there, and might again Friday! They have a decent buffet for a decent price!!!

I've also been to Big Bone Lick state park, but caint find the shirt!!!

Used to be a burger chain around me called **** Robin.

Attachments

• cr1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 357
  • cr2.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 349
  • cr3.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 339
Somewhere around Rolla MO (on I-40 I believe) is the Uranus Fudge Factory.. Got billboards along the highway and everything. They sell lots of T-shirts. My favorite said, "THE BEST FUDGE IN THE WORLD COMES FROM URANUS"...

Can you imagine the help wanted sign

Fudge packers want at uranus, apply within.

We had a restaurant here many years ago called "sambo's". I think it might have been a national chain. I'll leave the icon image to your imagination.

The original Sambo's is still in business in Santa Barbara, CA. Here's their website: http://firstsince57.com/SambosOnTheBeach/
...and no, "Sambo" wasn't black, he was Indian like the children's book story. Check it out...http://www.oldlarestaurants.com/sambos/
I remember the restaurants...used to go there as a very young kid for pancakes before IHOP was even thought of.

We had a restaurant here many years ago called "sambo's". I think it might have been a national chain. I'll leave the icon image to your imagination. And how about the frito bandito.

Remember one,two blocks away..Back in '73,they had great food. P.C.B.S.,actually didn't affect them,they closed their doors in the early 80's,lack of business.

Have a customer called Big Boy Steel Erection. The tag line on the back of their trucks use to say "Biggest Erections in town"

There is also a towing company in town calle Camel Towing. This is their business card.
Camel%20Towing2233_full.jpeg

-
Back