Hole under 75 Duster bumper?

-

zkx14

Duster De-ruster
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can somebody tell me what this hole is for? Bottom of 75 Duster front bumper. Has same on other side. Has mark like a washer, but I don't recall removing anything from it.

2016-08-02 08.15.20.jpg

That's where the fog lamps were mounted back in the day.

Never saw them before...Are those factory? Where do they plug in? The holes had something in previously, but I didn't see any unused wiring that would have gone to them.

Never saw them before...Are those factory? Where do they plug in? The holes had something in previously, but I didn't see any unused wiring that would have gone to them.
he's :poke: at you a little - many people used those holes to mount fog lights but - I defy you to find an A body that came with factory fog lights.. nearly positive it never happened

he's :poke: at you a little - many people used those holes to mount fog lights but - I defy you to find an A body that came with factory fog lights.. nearly positive it never happened
No doubt people added them, but .... I don't think they put it there for no reason. And, as said mine had something there.

Keith - I'd bet they are some kind of manufacturer positioning holes for when they were making the bumper - much like someone recently said about the extra hole in a factory distributor clamp.

No doubt people added them, but .... I don't think they put it there for no reason. And, as said mine had something there.
a previous owner had mounted fog lights?? did you find any mystery wires or holes in the dash?

not sure how they are mounted so I am just throwing this out to see if it sticks.. maybe one of those front spoilers was on it...

I wasn't intending to poke a little but that was the first thing that jumped into my head. As far as I know, there wasn't anything mounted to those holes from the factory. We did use them to mount fog lamps and other objects such as a spoiler or cb radio external speaker. Fog lamps and a speaker are out since you didn't find any wiring running to them.
I tend to agree that they were put there to help in assembly. Maybe to hang on a parts rack.

I wasn't intending to poke a little but that was the first thing that jumped into my head. As far as I know, there wasn't anything mounted to those holes from the factory. We did use them to mount fog lamps and other objects such as a spoiler or cb radio external speaker. Fog lamps and a speaker are out since you didn't find any wiring running to them.
I tend to agree that they were put there to help in assembly. Maybe to hang on a parts rack.
Ok, I didn't think factory offered fog lights, but anything possible. Still would love to know what was on mine...

sorry - I'm so used to people ribbing each other.. and between zkx14 and I... pffft, it verges on epic...:lol:

You guys all good with the group hug? :lol:
Scamper! Do not try to put THAT in the hole please! :rofl:

Seriously, thanks for the ideas. Anybody else like to throw in another possible or actually know why they are there?

My 75 front bumper has those holes as well. Is the chrome worn there or is light corrosion? Although it looks like something was mounted there, I suspect those are just water marks. That's the low point on the bumper which means that's where the water would pool before dripping to the ground.

My 75 front bumper has those holes as well. Is the chrome worn there or is light corrosion? Although it looks like something was mounted there, I suspect those are just water marks. That's the low point on the bumper which means that's where the water would pool before dripping to the ground.
Both had circle marks like there were washers over the chrome

-
Back