hole where front strut rod attaches to the K member problem

-

grr8_65

Reaction score
65 cuda /6. The hole in K member where the strut rod attaches has been worn out of round. It appears there is some sort of support washer, if so, can it be removed and replaced or should I just fill weld the worn area and grind it into proper shape? Thanks for your input.

I would fill it and get the shape back OR find a new K-member. I bought a 73-76 K-member out of a wrecking yard a few years ago that the original welder forgot to weld one of the reinforcement plates on. It wound up tearing the thinner metal of the k-member body. I got it fixed, but it was a bit of work. Fortunately the hole was still round.

65 cuda /6. The hole in K member where the strut rod attaches has been worn out of round. It appears there is some sort of support washer, if so, can it be removed and replaced or should I just fill weld the worn area and grind it into proper shape? Thanks for your input.
I'm not a very skilled welder, but I don't see why that shouldn't work.

Are you using your phone to make a post?

Android or apple

Click on upload photos
A pop-up should come up with 3 option icons Camera - Camera video - File
Screenshot_20200613-155705.png

If you already have taken a photo choose file, if not choose camera.
The camera app should open and you can take a photo. You will be given 2 options, a grey check box and a blue check box
Screenshot_20200613-155852.png

The grey check box allows you to retaxe a photo, the blue accepts the photo

Then the photo will show up below this dialog box.

click on "full image" to insert it into your post.
Screenshot_20200613-160551.png

If you already have a photo taken, click on "Upload Photos"
Screenshot_20200613-155705.png

Choose " File" find your photo
Screenshot_20200613-161013.png

Then click "Select" in the upper right corner
Screenshot_20200613-161213.png

Your photo will show up in the list of attached files below your post. Click on "Full Image" next to the photo.

Last edited:
I would think some welding and shaping would be in order.

BUT... I would imagine the new bushing would locate to the center anyway and if it was not a daily driver would probably give you a lifetime of hassle free driving to car shows and the ice cream shop.

If I can have it done reasonably I'll do it. Thought about welding it myself but I don't think I could do it well with my gas torch. By the way, thanks for the help with getting the pics on line. Have a blessed day

-
Back