Holley quick change float bowls?

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
Anyone use these?

Carburetor Fuel Bowls - Quick-Change Jet Provisions

I like the idea but wonder about how well it actually works? Seems like the jets would just fall into the bowl and I'd ha e to remove the bowl anyway? Seeing as the jets are non magnetic what keeps them from just falling off the tool?

For me it's a 200 dollar investment on something that may just be a gimmick?

I have a feeling on my new super top secret project that I will be changing jets a LOT, so if these work I'm ok with spending the cash but seeing as I'm trying to make lots of power with little cash I cant just go buying what ever I want.....

Thanks for your time and advice.

When the carb is correct you almost never change a jet.

Warren Johnson used to say he'd go from Denver to Sonoma and then Woodburn and finish up in Seattle and never change a jet.

Yes but I need the tune spot on or KABLAMO!

So lots of jet changes for the first while.

I told my engine builder.
I wanna go full retard and then take another step forward. Let's find the limit of a mopar small block.

:rofl::steering:

When the carb is correct you almost never change a jet.

Warren Johnson used to say he'd go from Denver to Sonoma and then Woodburn and finish up in Seattle and never change a jet.
Depends what your combo is.Stock car with a thermobog yes,mine is very needy and wants attention all the time!
Even with the quick change you still have to drain the bowl,,,then 4 more bolts!

3.6.14 035.jpg

3.6.14 036.jpg

3.6.14 037.jpg

3.6.14 043.jpg

3.6.14 044.jpg

4.19.15 067.jpg

5.15.16 043.jpg

Hemi-itis, yeah bud!
Your smelling what I'm stepping in....

So the above is what full stupid looks like but I'm planning on being just a short step behind ya!

Man I like that!

I may be looking to chat with ya soon.

How do you like the accusump?

I may have a chance to score one out of a SCCA car that I'm working on. Will it hold pressure over night? (The one I'm looking at will not but I suspect the ball valve is bad?)

Hemi-itis, yeah bud!
Your smelling what I'm stepping in....

So the above is what full stupid looks like but I'm planning on being just a short step behind ya!

Man I like that!

I may be looking to chat with ya soon.

If you have the same sickness as Hemi-itis has then yes, get those bowls, put studs and wing it's on the valve covers and oil pan and start printing your own money.

Nah, I'll I have to do is work dusk till dawn and never see my girlfriend while convincing her that top ramen is a deluxe dinner.

How hard can that be?

OMG! DID YOU JUST LINK TMP CARBS?

:rofl:

I know him personally and he is a CON ARTIST OF THE HIGHEST RANK!

DO NOT BUY A PACK OF GUM FROM HIM!

I wouldn't trust him to tune my lawnmower!

If you need the real scoop on him PM me and we will talk.

OMG! DID YOU JUST LINK TMP CARBS?

:rofl:

I know him personally and he is a CON ARTIST OF THE HIGHEST RANK!

DO NOT BUY A PACK OF GUM FROM HIM!

I wouldn't trust him to tune my lawnmower!

If you need the real scoop on him PM me and we will talk.

I didn't even know Troy was still at it. Evidently he is. Damn. Some guys just never learn.

Wow, small world, you know him as well?

He screwed my friends out of a few hundred thousand dollars on a business deal. My buddy is still trying to recover from the dammage he caused.

Just because troy (TMP Carbs) was a fan of that I will never use it.

He cut an run on a business buy out, screwed my buddy who is 85 years old and left a lot of customers with missing parts, engines, carbs, that my other buddy is still working to make right.

Works great. The screw driver looking thing is for the jets. The end slips in snuggly into the jet.

Anyone use these?

Carburetor Fuel Bowls - Quick-Change Jet Provisions

I like the idea but wonder about how well it actually works? Seems like the jets would just fall into the bowl and I'd ha e to remove the bowl anyway? Seeing as the jets are non magnetic what keeps them from just falling off the tool?

For me it's a 200 dollar investment on something that may just be a gimmick?

I have a feeling on my new super top secret project that I will be changing jets a LOT, so if these work I'm ok with spending the cash but seeing as I'm trying to make lots of power with little cash I cant just go buying what ever I want.....

Thanks for your time and advice.

I ran an accusump tor a bit. If I remember right Al runs the cylinder with the moving piston. You can mount it in any position. Mine was the moroso one that has to be mounted vertical so no moving parts to wear out. Mine the oil pressure just compresses the air at the top of the cylinder. I used it yo prelube the car for awhile. Finally just removed it.

Wow, small world, you know him as well?

He screwed my friends out of a few hundred thousand dollars on a business deal. My buddy is still trying to recover from the dammage he caused.
Of course he knows him he screwed you out of 50 bucks as well??!! And right out of the gate post two name-dropping LOL doesn't that give such credibility....

I ran an accusump tor a bit. If I remember right Al runs the cylinder with the moving piston. You can mount it in any position. Mine was the moroso one that has to be mounted vertical so no moving parts to wear out. Mine the oil pressure just compresses the air at the top of the cylinder. I used it yo prelube the car for awhile. Finally just removed it.
I also removed the accusump when I went on a Lee-la-lane/Jenny craig diet.I was able to remove 200 lbs and set the engine back while adding "J" bars.Oldman,you MUST have seen my 63 Plymouth at Carlisle in the last 25 years,,,,or maybe South Mountain.
I come over here from FBBO to jurk errr I mean lurk at all the cool A's!
For those that don't know me, this is a street car that goes to 3 or 4 local car cruises a week and there are car shows every weekend!Here on Long Island there is a cruise spot every night of the week with car shows every weekend except Mothers day,,,,,weather permitting!

14141770_10210457686857928_836531961372807205_n.jpg

14446074_1098713440225250_5211503892104295836_n.jpg

14446063_10209093559908620_2114990937203815858_n.jpg

P82A05131.jpg

untitled (2).png

untitled2.png

img_03781.jpg

Just because troy (TMP Carbs) was a fan of that I will never use it.

He cut an run on a business buy out, screwed my buddy who is 85 years old and left a lot of customers with missing parts, engines, carbs, that my other buddy is still working to make right.

Yup. Sure do. A buddy was going to do a TR deal with his carbs. The price was over the top and you can do everything with a modern carb and not have those extra blocks and crap.

There was a reason people didn't use those things. I bought my first Weber Plates in 1986, long before Troy came along. Those things were a giant PITA.

Troy did have a great website with lots of pictures and crap but I'm just not interested in those plates. You just don't need them.

I also removed the accusump when I went on a Lee-la-lane/Jenny craig diet.I was able to remove 200 lbs and set the engine back while adding "J" bars.Oldman,you MUST have seen my 63 Plymouth at Carlisle in the last 25 years,,,,or maybe South Mountain.
I come over here from FBBO to jurk errr I mean lurk at all the cool A's!
For those that don't know me, this is a street car that goes to 3 or 4 local car cruises a week and there are car shows every weekend!Here on Long Island there is a cruise spot every night of the week with car shows every weekend except Mothers day,,,,,weather permitting!

View attachment 1715335016

View attachment 1715335017

View attachment 1715335018

View attachment 1715335019

View attachment 1715335020

View attachment 1715335021

View attachment 1715335022
I was enjoying the pics of the 63's until the last picture. Next time you have steaks on the grille I'll keep an eye on them for you. 9 seconds is all I'll need. When I got to that picture the whole room had an odor of a cook out. You didn't have to add that picture. Teasing me with your car is one thing. The steaks are overkill. What time is dinner at your house? I would like to come and see your stea-'s I mean car. LOL

My friend had a black 63 post like yours in the 80's. It was an RB race car from Pa. I always had a thing for 62 and 63 dodges and 63 plymouths . I could tell your car was a plymouth by the turn signal chrome in the one picture.

scan0001[4].jpg

scan0002[1].jpg

scan0004[1].jpg

-
Back