Holley Sniper EFI - Competition for Fitech EFI.

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Just came across this....

https://www.holley.com/blog/post/holley_introduces_sniper_efi_systems/

blog_snipertbi1%5B592x%5D.jpg

Holley just brought EFI within range - introducing Sniper EFI! It’s economically priced so you can have all the benefits of EFI and still have money to finish or upgrade the rest of your ride! Perfect for street rods, muscle cars, off-road trucks or nearly any carbureted vehicle. Put an end to cold start issues, hesitations, vapor lock, and flooding. Upgrade to Sniper EFI and get the tactical accuracy of EFI today!

Sniper EFI will be available in the first quarter of 2016 with prices starting at $999!

• Bolt on carburetor replacement (designed to fit single & dual carb manifolds)

• Throttle body mounted ECU – no extra boxes to mount

• Supports up to 600hp (4 injector version) and 1200hp (8 injector version)

• 4 wire vehicle connection (Battery +, Battery - , Switched ignition & RPM)

• Integrated fuel pressure regulator

• Integrated ignition timing control & coil driver

• Color touchscreen for setup and gauge views

• Calibration Wizard (Answer a few questions about your engine and it creates the base map, then starts tuning on its own!) - No laptop required!

• Self-tuning ECU means you don’t have to be a computer/tuning wiz to have EFI!

• Available in base & master kits (Master kits include complete fuel system: fuel pump, filters, feed and return hose and all fittings including fuel tank return line bulkhead fitting.)

I would say holley got a little nervous about the fi-tech and come up with this . this will probably be a good setup but it sure is fugly compared to the fi-tech.

No pump? Still more **** to buy. No thanks. My carburetor is still lookin good.

Looks and spec's awfully similar to the FiTech.....I bet it's just changed enough to look a bit differently but is the same.

The more companies making EFI the better. I agree with Jim the Holly looks ugly.

I would say holley got a little nervous about the fi-tech and come up with this . this will probably be a good setup but it sure is fugly compared to the fi-tech.

It would be fun to think that but I doubt it. The cost and timeline of development and release seems to me that it would be much longer than if Holley "just heard about" FItech LOL

It would be fun to think that but I doubt it. The cost and timeline of development and release seems to me that it would be much longer than if Holley "just heard about" FItech LOL

yes maybe your right . I don't know how long it takes to engineer something like this but the fitech been out since march or april so hollys wont be ready till the first quarter of 2016 that's damn near a year .

I was doing some reading on this system and holley does not mention anything about an 02 sensor like the fi-tech . im sure it would need one??

I was doing some reading on this system and holley does not mention anything about an 02 sensor like the fi-tech . im sure it would need one??

Link? I haven't looked that hard, but have not found much on it

That´s very good news in my opinion. FItech and now holley make it more and more attractive to change to Injection. What i really like about these systems is, that even in a boosted application the fuel management will give you no trouble (at least from the paperwork ;-)).

Michael

Just came across this....

https://www.holley.com/blog/post/holley_introduces_sniper_efi_systems/

blog_snipertbi1%5B592x%5D.jpg

Holley just brought EFI within range - introducing Sniper EFI! It’s economically priced so you can have all the benefits of EFI and still have money to finish or upgrade the rest of your ride! Perfect for street rods, muscle cars, off-road trucks or nearly any carbureted vehicle. Put an end to cold start issues, hesitations, vapor lock, and flooding. Upgrade to Sniper EFI and get the tactical accuracy of EFI today!

Sniper EFI will be available in the first quarter of 2016 with prices starting at $999!

• Bolt on carburetor replacement (designed to fit single & dual carb manifolds)

• Throttle body mounted ECU – no extra boxes to mount

• Supports up to 600hp (4 injector version) and 1200hp (8 injector version)

• 4 wire vehicle connection (Battery +, Battery - , Switched ignition & RPM)

• Integrated fuel pressure regulator

• Integrated ignition timing control & coil driver

• Color touchscreen for setup and gauge views

• Calibration Wizard (Answer a few questions about your engine and it creates the base map, then starts tuning on its own!) - No laptop required!

• Self-tuning ECU means you don’t have to be a computer/tuning wiz to have EFI!

• Available in base & master kits (Master kits include complete fuel system: fuel pump, filters, feed and return hose and all fittings including fuel tank return line bulkhead fitting.)
Gotta have an 02, to be self tuning, buying a fuel pump don't bug. One thing 4 sure: Holley's parts availability through major chains, has to better most aftermarket availability. Del,subscribed...(curious ,what stock injector style,it uses..Bosch based?..)

Gotta have an 02, to be self tuning, buying a fuel pump don't bug. One thing 4 sure: Holley's parts availability through major chains, has to better most aftermarket availability. Del,subscribed...(curious ,what stock injector style,it uses..Bosch based?..)

Don't know..........They might be proprietary. The FItech, the existing Holley Terminator, and this one all use "annular" discharge. I'm not sure what that entails for the actual injector assy.

The older Holley "Avenger" which is essentially "what I sort of have" (Mine is an old Commander 950 parts upgraded to Holley HP computer) so mine is like the old OEM TBI stuff only 4bbl and higher CFM than OEM.

I recently bought a Street Demon, so I'll (eventually) try to get that tuned first, but this type of system may be my fall back plan in a few years. It will be interesting to see how this compares with the Terminator system. It almost seems like they will be competing with themselves, unless they drop the Terminator. I don't know how you could pass up the integrated computer design.

The Terminator has many many more functions "possible." All Holley systems except this one and the Dominator use the HP computer. The Dominator of course uses the bigger Dominator computer, and this one uses whatever dedicated unit "it" is.

Fitech will probably have to revisit their pricing now. As much as id like to see the small guy do good, it will be tough for them to compete at the same price with the name recognition and market dominance of Holley unless Fitech has some more tricks up their sleeve.

Funny how much it has in common with the FITech. Was planning on purchasing the FITech this spring when taxes get here but I think I'll wait to see what happens with this one

Called holley tech line today and asked some questions. The first(and last) question was is it compatible with nitrous and boost? The guy said and I quote, " No, it's just a cheap efi for those looking to get away from carburetor. " I think I'll go with fitech efi.

called holley tech line today and asked some questions. The first(and last) question was is it compatible with nitrous and boost? The guy said and i quote, " no, it's just a cheap efi for those looking to get away from carburetor. " i think i'll go with fitech efi.

lmfao.

Well I'm not sure why you think FItech is any different. Boost controls are basically "in the computer" and as expensive as a nitrous or boost "eff up" could be to your engine, the fuel control is no place to scrimp LOL

FI tech offers a unit for power adder, if you use it to run your ignition it will pull timming and you can set the A/F ratio target you want, according to the specs on thier website. I would like to hear from someone using one to see how they perform

-
Back