Holley Swap Pan Issue

-
Good to hear it works! Shared information takes some of the mystery out of these swaps. Thank you!!

I'm considering this pan for my aluminum 6.1 block with a very leaky milodon pan. Other than the misclocked pickup attachment, has it worked out well? Is it leaky? Does it seem like they got the mating surface pretty flat?
Did you say aluminum 6.1 block? I hope you will be posting about this.

Here it is in the crate:
IMG_2968.JPG

And here it is in the car:
car3.JPG

It's 7 liters. It's an aluminum 6.1 block with 6.4 heads. It's lots of fun, but I have to be a little careful because even with 295/45/18s out back with 3.55 gears it gets loose pretty easily. I've been considering having the heads and intake ported just to make it a little more fun. The binary is 427(because it's 426.7 cid and I round that) and I had to do the binary displacement because it's a palindrome(same forwards and backwards)...I'm just weird that way. You can see the updated(from stock that it came with) fuel rails in the in-car pic. The 4" intake goes over to a carbon fiber intake box that a neighbor helped me make that draws air through a hole in the radiator crossmember. I'm running FAST XFI/XIM for control. The radiator is a nice big aluminum one that I had made from Howe Racing. There are two electric fans in the shroud and heat is not an issue, even when just sitting in traffic. I'm running hydroboost brakes. It's got a TKO-600 5-speed. The color is a Ford color called Lime Squeeze. It's got a lot of yellow pearl, so it looks good in the sun without being an attention ***** color like Viper snakeskin green.
20180505_134846.jpg

Yes...I know it's a b-body and I'm on an a-body forum. You guys just had info on the oil pan and I really appreciate the info and wanted to contribute what I found.

I guess I should add that I ordered this engine from Bouchillon Performance, but they subbed building it out to Arrow Racing, who is now out of business, but taken over by someone else that I can't remember the name of.

I guess I should add that I ordered this engine from Bouchillon Performance, but they subbed building it out to Arrow Racing, who is now out of business, but taken over by someone else that I can't remember the name of.
Prefix

I got the car all back together and drove it about 15 minutes. No oil leaking, so that's good.

Beautiful car. Please keep us informed of any issues. Being in the smaller group of "built" GenIII installs we have some different issues. @408 swinger, @Kiddart1 and @turbofreek are a wealth of info. I was going to use the aluminum 6.1 in my build but at the time even Mopar couldn't give me longevity comparisons for street/occasional track use. They were advertising it as a direct replacement but not for everyday use (with no explanation). Please let us know of any issues , I would like to know if you have any problems with water retention (head gaskets) after regular heat cycles and miles. Arrow/Prefix wouldn't steer you wrong, maybe there is more knowledge out there now. Again....nice job

Beautiful car. Please keep us informed of any issues. Being in the smaller group of "built" GenIII installs we have some different issues. @408 swinger, @Kiddart1 and @turbofreek are a wealth of info. I was going to use the aluminum 6.1 in my build but at the time even Mopar couldn't give me longevity comparisons for street/occasional track use. They were advertising it as a direct replacement but not for everyday use (with no explanation). Please let us know of any issues , I would like to know if you have any problems with water retention (head gaskets) after regular heat cycles and miles. Arrow/Prefix wouldn't steer you wrong, maybe there is more knowledge out there now. Again....nice job

Thank you for the kind words. I had not heard about the "lack of longevity" thing. That's concerning. I'll just have to hope for the best I suppose. I've had no leak issues as of yet. I've got probably 2000 miles on the car so far. I can't give an exact distance since the stupid GPS receiver for the speedo from Classic Instruments drops signal a lot. It's making me wish I had gone with a traditional speedo. It'd be tough to switch back now since I built a custom gauge panel so I could use round gauges instead of the factory ones and it's all on one wiring harness.
interior.jpg

Cool, 2000 miles would've shown an issue by now.I used speed huts GPS gauge . No problems with drop out. My antenna (magnetic pod) is on the far right top of my dash. Very discreet.

Cool, 2000 miles would've shown an issue by now.I used speed huts GPS gauge . No problems with drop out. My antenna (magnetic pod) is on the far right top of my dash. Very discreet.

I put mine under the speaker grill mid-dash. Taking the grill out to see if it stops having issues is on my to-do list. If that works I'll have to have a grill made out of delrin or something.

It is supposed to have a clear view , so maybe that'll fix it

It turns out that maybe I spoke too soon about the block not leaking. I checked my coolant today to find brown foam on top. The coolant out the bottom is green. The oil on the dipstick is clear and good, but I guess I'll drain it out to check it all. It look like I'll be doing some work to try and figure this out.

-
Back