Homemade Airbrush Cabinet

-

pntastar69

Reaction score
Over the holidays, I made a homemade airbrush cabinet. I dismantled an old dehumidifier and kept the metal cover and the fan. I used the cover as the sides and back, added leftover paneling for the top n bottom, cut a hole and mounted the fan, bought a plastic cake cover from the dollar store to cover the fan, bought a 4” duct adapter and flex hose and mounted them, added a switch for the fan/light and bought the filter. Had all of the stuff except for the 4” adapter, flexy duct, plastic cover and filter. All toll, cost me a little over $20 and it works pretty good.

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

Excellent !!
Well thought out and very nice job I must say .
Last time I used an air brush was on a new stock car, painted a pig from a BBQ house sponsor, a piston for and engine sponsor, and 4 colors on each number, I made a few good bucks baco in those days, now its all in there wrap they use.
Looks like a perfect paint booth :thumbsup:

Thanks guyz. I tore the old dehumidifier apart several years ago and saved the cover and fan. Been sitting collecting dust. Put them to good use.

I made one similar to that ages ago with a bathroom fan

All my modeling buddies were against it and said the fumes moving through the fan would explode

In ten years it never did

-
Back