Homemade exhaust custom

-

Matts440

Reaction score
Custom work sucks without a lift lol but im happy to say im done with my exhaust system for my 67 Dart with twins, its a 3.5" turbo back transition to oval 3.5" to go by the steering shaft and inside the fenders through the mid plate to trans mount then sets up to 4" with a 3.5" h pipe cross over dumps in front of the rearend. Just thought id share.

20200628_180059.jpg

20200628_164120.jpg

20200628_105955.jpg

20200628_164151.jpg

Those are for the anti sway link for the housing, can't get the rear tires off with those connected. The hangers for the exhaust are bolted to the upper bracket for the triangular 4 link.

Here's the exhaust hangers, though with heim joint a never have to worry about them breaking or wearing out lol

20200524_153602.jpg

Those are for the anti sway link for the housing, can't get the rear tires off with those connected. The hangers for the exhaust are bolted to the upper bracket for the triangular 4 link.

cool
that should help her hook strait

i think i used the same hanger when i put my exhaust on

cool
that should help her hook strait

i think i used the same hanger when i put my exhaust on

Yeah hope so I'll need all the help I can get for that lol.
They are great hangers for being on the cheap side.

Finally got the whole system done last weekend. Wrapped from turbo back to just past the trans pan, then engine painted the rest back. Hopefully starting it here soon. Still need to order brake fluid with next pay check to bleed the system.

20200719_163606.jpg

20200809_213453.jpg

20200809_213457.jpg

Looks good, can't wait to hear it!!

On another note, do you like those wheel dollies that you have the car on? Do they roll good? Which brand?

Looks good, can't wait to hear it!!

On another note, do you like those wheel dollies that you have the car on? Do they roll good? Which brand?

I can't wait either lol. I just got the harbor freight brand, they are pretty good, wish they rolled a little better but also trying to do it by myself doesn't help I bet either. Each are rated to 1500 lbs. But overall good for what they do.

Custom work sucks without a lift lol but im happy to say im done with my exhaust system for my 67 Dart with twins, its a 3.5" turbo back transition to oval 3.5" to go by the steering shaft and inside the fenders through the mid plate to trans mount then sets up to 4" with a 3.5" h pipe cross over dumps in front of the rearend. Just thought id share.

View attachment 1715553399

View attachment 1715553400

View attachment 1715553403

View attachment 1715553404

looks a whole bunch like mine , which is all 3 1/2'' .
Not sure a 3 1/2'' H pipe is worth the weight on a full 3 1/2'' system , in my case -------?

looks a whole bunch like mine , which is all 3 1/2'' .
Not sure a 3 1/2'' H pipe is worth the weight on a full 3 1/2'' system , in my case -------?

I did it to mine just for the sound, turbos don't need the cross over but I figure if it deepens the tone on a NA car why not, plus if need a be can always remove that rear portion and add dumps where they connect for race day.

I did it to mine just for the sound, turbos don't need the cross over but I figure if it deepens the tone on a NA car why not, plus if need a be can always remove that rear portion and add dumps where they connect for race day.

Mine qalready dumps , I got the 3 1/2'' set up really cheap on e bay, guess no one wanted it . Havent been able to tell any diff. in anything tho really.

-
Back