Homemade paint booths

-

chuckwagon2004

71 dartswinger
Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to see if I could get some pics of some of your homemade paint booths.. Ive got a few ideas on how i wanna set mine up. Just curious if there are any problems or solutions to be worrying about. Thanks guys I plan on taking some pics of the dart to show what kind of progress im making. Body work is coming right along.

hey, I've made a few. Mine consisted of plastic wrap and one fan, but it didn't work out to well. One thing to remember is that if the walls or plastic are to close to your car the over spray will bounce off the walls and land on your car. Just make sure you have good ventilation and no open flames.

Something else to consider is just renting a paintbooth, alot easier and better results. I got one for $150 bucks.:read2:

I used 2x2's with plastic on them for a long time, got tired of replacing the plastic all the time and built a permanent set up with decent lighting. Still working on it, it isn't perfect, garage door ttrack is in the way of making the one side full length but it's a lot better than it was :-D

DSC02747.jpg

DSC02744.jpg

Pry all you want :-D

I don't think I have all that much into it, all the outside walls were already done as well as the overhead lighting. I built interior walls and built the lights into the corners, lights are T8's and cost just under $500, probably another $500 or so for the 2x4's, drywall, electrical and misc. I would guess. Something like that, I didn't really track it. I still need to mud and paint, run my compressor lines and do the ventilation. There's two trap doors going into the attic space, I'm going to build a boxed vent up through one, through a squirrel cage fan and out the gable. The other trap door will have a filter over it and serve as the intake.

The way I have it now, all my tools and stuff are in the room that I sealed off so overspray won't be a factor.

Here's the before pics

DSC01403.jpg

DSC01404.jpg

Now there's the booth and a place for tools behind the booth and relaxing beside it :-D

DSC02602.jpg

DSC02591.jpg

-
Back