hood clearence and air gap intake

-

cudaman51

Reaction score
am i going to have to cut a hole in the hood of my 69 barracuda with a 340 edelbrock air gap intake stock moter location. are their any air cleaners that would save me from doing that. if i do any recommendations for a scoop

I don't think your airgap isn't any higher than my LD340 intake. I have a drop base aircleaner on mine with it just barely touchng the hoodpad.

If you go to Summit's website and search for air cleaner bases you'll be able to see what base will work for you. They are made with different amounts of "drop". Good luck if you have a Mopar Perf. small base though.

I just put the Performer RPM on my 360 dart and the hood will not close. If you do go with a drop base and are running a eddie carb then make sure you get the banjo fitting for the fuel line or else the drop base will hit. I just decided to take my hood off since I was only driving around town. Keep me posted on this though because I don't know if I wasnt to waste the money on the fitting and air cleaner if it still will not fit.

I just put the air gap with polished alluminum on my 67 cuda 360, I have the k&n top and bottom probably 3 inches thick it fit but I was concerned, you shouldnt have a problem. You will love the response from that intake.

gr8 thanks guys. i havent started the engine yet. i cant wait. its a 340 with the rhs x heads. i am going through the list of things to get their.

I was running a Victor 340 and factory air-cleaner under my stock hood. Fit just fine.

If that will fit the RPM should be good.

I rocked the air gap with 360 and have room for nut NOT wing nut!! Have a regular ol edelbrok air cleaner and am having clearance probs with kick down linkage, so I am also planning to smack out a hole in my hood. Decided to cut into 74 dart hood not my 69?? Don't need a monster bat cave hanging off the front of my car, sooooooo I'm thinking of the 6 pack scoop from gofastparts, it has a 3" rise instead of 4-41/2" opening. Either way if it looks badass to you , I say giver!!

I f i put a scoop on it would be the six pack one. i feel the same about the bat cave. six pack scoop would look good

-
Back