Hood scoop questions

-

SpeedracerX

Still on this side of the dirt member
Reaction score
Hey there again gang...

So I recently aquired a hood scoop for my 69 Dart.. Now I was originally going to go with a 6 pack style scoop, but decided against it as I see lots of Darts with that scoop. I am trying to be a little differant.. at any rate, I got this scoop from a friend, he said it was a mopar scoop, though I had never seen it before.. so I looked it up at Summit and sure enough its listed as a 'Mopar pro stock style scoop' .... cool, so now I at least know I am not putting a Mustang scoop on the Dart.. lol

So my questions are, does anyone have this scoop (or similiar) or does anyone have any pics of Darts with this scoop? I have laid it on the hood, and it looks good.. but maybe I am just having cold feet.. would like to see other cars for a better look.... second question.. what do you all recommend for affixing it to the hood.. Summit says it gets epoxyed (or some other suitable glue type stuff) ... I am not gonna finish it to the hood.. in other words no body filler to make it look like one piece.. It has a nice beveled edge, that and I dont much feel like having all the mud crack on the hood.. I have seen six pack scoops where that has happened...

Opinions, suggestions welcome.. thanks

scoop.jpg

scoop2.jpg

scoop3.jpg

i do like it... as I said, I havent seen any other cars in my area anyways with this scoop. plus it doesnt sit too tall, and doesnt appear to be too crazy..

I was going to go with that scoop for my 71 scamp but was steered away due to the fact that i dont think it would look good with the raised portion in the middle of the scamp hoods...i think they are very unique and Very cool, but many will tell you otherwise- alot of people hate them....but remember to do what you like...i used to have some pictures of dusters with it, but i dont know where they are anymore...here is a scamp thats all over the internet and has one- i dont like the colour but nonetheless a cool car with a unique look
http://www.case-enterprises.com/scamp/xe-sc-ext1.jpg

The one on that Scamp actually appears to be taller.. This one really isnt too tall.. I am gonna have to open the hole in a bit... Thanks for advice

well good luck with it...the summit ones are smaller than the usual kind, which is kinda good- it looks milder instead of having a huge honkin pro stock scoop on the hood...as i said i really like em, so when you get it on and all painted up and stuff, post some pics

I will do that.. the scoop is a late winter project, so it will be awhile.. decided once the scoop is on, the hood will stay hot rod black.. (thats what I wouldve done with the six pack scoop... Thanks for the input..

Does anyone have any input or advice as to how to mount the scoop? use fastners? epoxy? ... any hints or suggestions would be appreciated

-
Back