Hood To Cowl Seal Install

-

6pk2goDemon

Mopar Mod
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Decided to do something "fun" for a change on the Demon today. Have had this hood to cowl seal sitting on the shelf for at least a year now.

Today was the day to get it installed. :glasses7:

Hood To Cowl Seal 002.jpg

The seal comes with a bag of little clips that you push thru the seal and crimp over the ends to secure. I elected to do one clip at a time.....Held the strip up under the hood, marked the first hole location and back to the bench to secure it. The clips are quite small and not the easiest to work with, but I managed to get the first two in.......:-D

Hood To Cowl Seal 003.jpg

I think I grabbed about 8 different pairs of pliers out of the toolbox trying to work with these clips. I found the small ones to be the most useful. I don't know what metal these are made out of, but they are a bear to bend the tabs on and as you can see, I broke both ends off of one :angry7:

Several four letter words later.....*/~%.....and a few bouts of walking away :toothy10::toothy10:......I think it's gonna work.

Hood To Cowl Seal 001.jpg

Since they didn't supply any extra clips, I decided to just use some 3M weatherstrip adhesive to try and attach the broken clip. Once this seal gets installed, I doubt / hope it will not have to come off again......

Waiting for the 3M to setup now......:clock:

Hood To Cowl Seal 004.jpg

If all goes well, I'll snap a pic of it installed on the car. This wasn't actually my idea of "fun", but it sure beats pulling a tranny, installing a water pump etc. etc......you get the picture. :happy10:

Hood To Cowl Seal 002.jpg

Hood To Cowl Seal 003.jpg

Hood To Cowl Seal 001.jpg

Hood To Cowl Seal 004.jpg

With no instructions of course. So the clips go through the thin flat strip, get bent in and hold the plastic? Anyone have a photo of the install?

Yep, no instructions. The rubber seal just clips into the rear of the hood to seal to the cowl area.

And to tell you the real truth.....I don't exactly remember as I did this over 3 years ago. If someone else can't supply an installed pic for you, I'll get one in the next couple days.

Thanks for being my 1st response :) :thumbup:

Did one on the dart this summer,had it planed to be fun well the fun was over in like 2 minutes went one to easy,that's a good seal to have .

I know this is an old thread but Hey I'm about to install a new hood to cowl seal from soft seal and they still aren't including instructions.

I guess that means its a no brainer... they don't know me too well. lol

Thanks for posting the images. here are some more from my dart. :)

DF8C7C6F-E210-4AEC-9BEC-3591E83A9448_zpsskngfo18.jpg

cowl%20to%20hood%20clip%20annotated_zpsrviwmvrn.jpg

hood%20to%20cowl%20clip%20annotated_zpspufwrvkd.jpg

hood%20to%20cowl%20mount%20annotated_zpsimhxrfwc.jpg

cowl%20seal%20%20holes%20anotated_zpst9gqiaq9.jpg

1CB792E1-9245-4830-9226-7B993397A292_zpsinbja9jj.jpg

66EE7E09-0D7D-4DF1-8019-501A16472489_zpsuxbejju0.jpg

AlV

Thanks to @AIV I did this in about 30 minutes this morning. Only broke the tip on the first clip but luckily had some black death on hand to glue it in place. FABO rocks!

Detroit Muscle sells the seal with the clips already attached making the install much easier. I bought one from Year One and broke all the clips instantly. Gave that one away and bought the one from Detroit Muscle. Just for future reference.

-
Back