Hooker super comp vs TTi 1-3/4 step header

-

joes68340s

Reaction score
Just curious has anyone ever run the hooker super comp 1-3/4 header and compared it to the TTi 1-5/8-1-3/4 step header. Im interested if there is a gain on a race 340 running the super comp or TTi. Thanks

The TTI 1 5/8"-1 3/4" step headers are pretty helpful in a diverse range of applications.

In this mild 360 dyno test, they were better throughout the range.
Mopar Muscle dyno exhaust article:
http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/...pp_0307_mopar_crate_engine_exhaust/index.html

Several NHRA and IHRA Stock class cars use them, including myself, with very good results running mid 11's down to mid 10's with Stock class spec 340's and 360's in cars between 3,000 and 3,700 lbs! A TTI 3" X-pipe helped also. But I never compared the two header brands myself.

I believe ou812 did some dyno comparisons using the Indy/RHS LAX heads on a 360/410(?) stroker between the TTI's and Hooker (forgot the size), and the TTI's won out.

http://www.ttiexhaust.com/

Do some testing with jets to make sure any change is optimized, including between headers.

Thanks I am curious besause i have both sets. I am running the TTis in my 340 Duster. Its an 11:70 car now. I removed the hookers that were in my 340 Barracuda. I am detuning it. I was just wondering if it was worth swapping them if there was a benefit in the hookers in the duster. I am going to put the manifolds back in the barracuda and keep the TTis in until I get new heads.

Ttis have better clearance.My Super comps are nice but two tubes hang way too low on the drivers side.I would go with TTI for the street.

On a 450-525 HP engine the upper HP/tq difference isn't even worth discussing. Maybe 2-4 hp/tq differeneces

The ttis tend to make more tq below 3K.

I've never had TTI's but I do have the super comps on my 68 dart wouldn't buy them again for a street car. I'd buy Doug's for $600 though.

The Duster that has the TTi"s is a drag only car. The Barracuda is street. I have already pulled the super comps. I had thought about swapping them, but I am going to put the manifolds back on the Barracuda since there dosent seem to be much difference.

-
Back