hooking up a carb with magnum heads and air gap intake

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
I'm starting to hook everything up on my engine. I've got a LA 360 with magnum heads and a air gap intake. I'm wondering what you guys do to hook up the throttle and the kick down linkage? I've thought about just bending the original LA bracket but not sure if the angles will work.

I did just that on mine (LA 360 w/ Magnums), I'm actually still using the 2-bbl linkage that originally came on the 318... The cable is a bit short but it's worked well enough I haven't really had to think about it until now lol

I did just that on mine (LA 360 w/ Magnums), I'm actually still using the 2-bbl linkage that originally came on the 318... The cable is a bit short but it's worked well enough I haven't really had to think about it until now lol
You bent your bracket or bought the AR bracket? Got any pics?

Use the lokar kickdown and throttle cable. A&A auto parts usually stock them.

Use the lokar kickdown and throttle cable. A&A auto parts usually stock them.

I'll check them out, do you know if they sell a bracket to mount them? I would look now but I'm doing all this from my phone and wont have a comp until tomorrow.

LoKar systems are of their own designs, so they come with everything needed to adapt it to factory stuff.

If there were any intention to keep an automatic in Amy's Scamp, I'd go with it.

As of right now, I made a bracket that uses the original kickdown linkage/ cam in the same position, but the throttle linkage goes on the other side of it. I did this by using a piece of 3/16" x 1" x 3" flat stock and put it in place of the factory cable clamp. I drilled two holes in the flat stock, one at either end, put the stud through it and put the nut for the cable clamp on it (in place of the cable clamp), then used the cable clamp on the other end of the flat stock with the other hole and it offsets the cable.

Once I ditch the kickdown linkage, this will change to something else, as I will no longer need the bracket.

linkage%20mod.jpeg

-
Back