Hotchkis hood pin measurements needed

-

71DodgeDemon340

Reaction score
would anyone who has installed the hotchkis hood pin kit be willing to take some measurements? Basically i need to know the distance of the 4 mounting bolts for the hood plate across from each other. I have the generic factory style on now, was thinking maybe they are the same distance as the original style and would bolt right up in the holes i already have, deff cant re drill them. I was thinking of eventually picking a set up.

@Mopar to ya

Just saw your thread from years ago, they look great! How are they holding up?

Last edited:
I have installed them on my '70 Dart. I used the stock hood locations but the Hotchkiss pin bases are larger in diameter than stock and they do not lie flat (you can see that in the picture). I had to massage them with a hammer to get them to lie flat.

mlDAgEHPSm6VAeCkXPID4g.jpg

What is the distance between the bolts for the hood plate?

Mine are at 2”

Also the plate is 2.5” in diameter, not sure if the hotchkis one is bigger

FD5AFB5F-8704-4D61-A374-1559A940CA38.jpeg

Last edited:
The car isn't here now, it's in the upholstery shop, so it will take me a day or two to get that measurement for you. But it is whatever Hotchkiss drilled them.

Last edited:
Please if wouldnt mind to i would appreciate it!

I looked up their included instructions on summit but no mention of any measurements, i guess i could try to contact them and see if they have the measurements available

I have installed them on my '70 Dart. I used the stock hood locations but the Hotchkiss pin bases are larger in diameter than stock and they do not lie flat (you can see that in the picture). I had to massage them with a hammer to get them to lie flat.

View attachment 1715211932

Thank you, sweet dart btw. Those bronze wheels fit that color perfectly

Thank you that was the plan. Brought
cQqGbZfUShqMxBzkfLj8Ug.jpg
the engine to life last week (6.4L) what a beast!:steering:

To do it right you have to move both the hood pin hole in the hood and the core support pin hole toward the center of the hood. I had to cheat because I didn't catch the mismatch until after painting was done. My upholsterer just called me back the distance between holes is 1 1/2 in.

Last edited:
Like I said I cheated and managed to put a slight bend in the base to fit the curvature of the hood peak. The risk was of course that I'd snap the casting, but that didn't happen.

Mine are at 2”

View attachment 1715211933
Looking at the picture yours look good just as they are. I changed because of the color scheme of the car and the fact I didn't any stock ones to work with. The Hotchkiss pin set is very pricey, another option for you might be the Ring Bros. set. I considered them but chose Hotchkiss so I could be "original".

Mine are at 2”

View attachment 1715211933
I took another look at your picture and it looks like your pins are located far enough towards the center of the hood that you won't have a fitment problem. You will have to re-drill the holes however.

To do it right you have to move both the hood pin hole in the hood and the core support pin hole toward the center of the hood. I had to cheat because I didn't catch the mismatch until after painting was done. My upholsterer just called me back the distance between holes is 1 1/2 in.

Which way did he measure?

I get 1-1/2 this way

946EE3DC-0B7A-46E1-BAB0-20FD073AB933.jpeg

F6EDBC1D-77E5-47F5-8692-73A95D001CAA.jpeg

I asked him to measure both directions, he said the holes were "square" BTW I like your paint color

Thank you!!!

Huh, i wonder if he measured both directions like i have in the pics in the pist above, if the holes are square the distance from one hole across to the other hole diagonally should be longer than the distance from the holes measured on the same side

Mine are in a 1-1/2” square and 2” diagonally across from each other

Thank you!!!

Huh, i wonder if he measured both directions like i have in the pics in the pist above, if the holes are square the distance from one hole across to the other hole diagonally should be longer than the distance from the holes measured on the same side

Thank you!!!

He measured from hole center, (north/south & east/west) to hole center using dial calipers. I can't get anymore info today, he's gone for the weekend.

He measured from hole center, (north/south & east/west) to hole center using dial calipers. I can't get anymore info today, he's gone for the weekend.

Thanks for getting the info, i think he just measure in a square.

Mine are 1-1/2” measured like this on all sides
71C8A412-F327-46E2-B010-8B5DE47F5508.jpeg

Mine are also 2” across ftom one another diagonally
E96E8AA8-F120-4D41-A294-6EE5F9A35AAA.jpeg

So here is what you might do. Make a template of the Hotchkiss base and overlay it on your present base. If everything aligns just bolt them on. If it covers good but the holes don't match, all you would have to do is rotate the base 45 degrees and redial the holes. But that will leave holes in your hood under the base.
I think with your chrome trim on the hood the base/pin set on your car will look better with what you presently have than the Hotchkiss set.

Maybe someone else can double confirm the measurements, im going to contact hotchkiss to and confirm

I thought about buying it and worst comes to worse i can return them but i want to double check before i tie up $160

Thank you so much for trying to help! Not that i dont trust your guy i just want to make absolutely sure if they will work or not without re drilling. Thanks again.

Im still not 100% sold on them but i think they would look pretty slick

Not sure how dark they are but i think they would match the center caps and tie in with the grille and wheels

16EECDE3-9F38-47C1-AD13-F0C439626CD3.jpeg

Thank you so much for trying to help! Not that i dont trust your guy i just want to make absolutely sure if they will work or not without re drilling. Thanks again.

Im still not 100% sold on them but i think they would look pretty slick

Not sure how dark they are but i think they would match the center caps and tie in with the grille and wheels

View attachment 1715211976
I think the titanium color on the Hotchkiss is darker than your wheels.

-
Back