How big is a early a body trunk?

-

Slantsix64

Reaction score
PRETTY BIG
IMG_0638.JPG

About 4 bodies and a shovel will fit!

(Just some Halloween humor!)

Beat me to it. I was going to use the dead body reference. Its the easiest way to measure trunk space in a vehicle.

I actually messed up there, EARLY A would be 3 1/2 bodies and a shovel!

It also depends on if they were placed before or after rigor mortis. Once they are set up you need a swawzall to lop the limbs off.

This one's been in there a bit too long! (And yes that is 1960's Blue shag carpeting direct from my sisters room)
20181026_163117.jpg

I can put a full size garden rake crossways in my dart trunk.
Or 4 80lb bags of planting soil.:D

Told the Wife that ain't happenin again, and she needs to get a truck.

You can put a 340 in there, piece by piece, but if the tubs come down on the tires you can't drive it anywhere, so I guess that would be at least 340 cubic inches, or 340 pounds which ever comes first.

My 65 Newport (C body) trunk looks enormous from outside, but it is shallow and has the spare tire sticking out. I think I could fit as many suitcases in my 69 Dart's trunk. It is clever how Mopar worked the fuel tank around the tire well to provide a very deep trunk.

the first gen valiant wagons could fit a 4x8 sheet of plywood inside if the old commercial is to be believed. I cant do that with my full size durango, nevermind a modern compact car

I had one of those early wagons. I put an actual foam-mattress bed back there. I was still living at home, and Mum made me some nice curtains for it. I told Mum I needed a place to sleep off my alcohol before leaving the party. Occasionally I did actually sleep alone.

OK,Ok mostly.

If you use an Early Barracuda with the seat folded down 4 bodies, but dont leave it parked in the sun. that back window will turn them until they pop.
Or a sheet of plywood again if the seat is folded down.

You can put a 340 in there, piece by piece, but if the tubs come down on the tires you can't drive it anywhere, so I guess that would be at least 340 cubic inches, or 340 pounds which ever comes first.
Not an A but how about a 451? Trunk even shut.
451.jpg

picked up a complete 318 in my Breeze and even packed up a breakdown cherry picker in the back seat. Had to remove the heads to make it fit.
318.jpg

12 24’s of beer (bottles not cans)in the trunk of my 1969 toyota corolla.

I had one of those early wagons. I put an actual foam-mattress bed back there. I was still living at home, and Mum made me some nice curtains for it. I told Mum I needed a place to sleep off my alcohol before leaving the party. Occasionally I did actually sleep alone.

OK,Ok mostly.
buddy had a VW bus, and we did the same thing: tie one on at a party, hit the sack in the bus and drive home the next morning. All good.

I put a complete small block Chevy and trans. in my Crown Vic trunk with the air cleaner still on and the lid shut. She did sit a little low. lol

-
Back