How big is your TV?

-
If you had 2 tv's, one 50" and one 60", with the same resolution, would the 60" one look grainier? Or is the resolution more of "concentration" of pixels, which wouldn't change based on tv size?

I have a Visio 60in from WalMart. Was a good price, but as someone said, it may not be the same as one from another company. Ours had a 2 year warranty. After the third year a green line has developed. Looking for a new set for the den. I am okay with the green line, but everyone else in the house can't seem to see the 95% good, but focus on the green line. Fortunately when watching football the field is green so I hardly notice it. That is the only time I go downstairs anyway

So much to consider. I didn't realize the TVs at Walmart would be made to a lesser quality than the same brand somewhere else. It's like that for motor oil, why not electronics?

My favorite so far is the 125" projection TV. I haven't seen any of the curved TVs. And to think I spent most of my life(up until recently) watching a 19" . I'd still be watching it, 30 years later, but the picture tube went out.

We got a Panasonic21" in '94!
And I took a 37Vizio in trade a few years ago, from my son,maybe in 2012 or so.
The 21" still worked when we got the Vizio........And I still have it. It's in my bedroom now. But it's never been plugged in,lol.
I get all my32 year-old son's hand-me-downs now. Got two more from him since the Vizio,flatscreens,also in trade for work. I told him I got a TV in every room now, so no more TVs please.
Except the living room, no TV there. I hate it when people invite me over, and the TV stays on, I mean I coulda watched TV at home man! So,I figure, when people come over to visit me, hey!,they came to visit me, not my TV. So no TV in the Parlor,lol. If you get bored, you know where the door is.......But that doesn't happen much. Mostly I have to tell them it's past midnight, and I have to work tomorrow,lol. Yeah, we still remember how to visit. No TV, no booze, no music, no drugs; just good-old-fashioned visiting.

I only go down to the mainfloor to eat,lol. And to visit; either with friends, or with the kids when they come home,about every other weekend, or so. Or if I'm on my way somewhere else, like the shop.............

The quality of products will vary. I can replace the spark plugs for my wife's jaguar with plugs from Napa, or any other local parts place or I can get the plugs from the dealership. The dealership costs much more, and even though they have the same part number on them, I get better performance and fuel mileage if I purchase the more expensive ones. Computers from WalMart are stripped down versions of what you will find in a computer store even though the model number and the brand is the same. My son who is studying computer technology in college made that clear after I came home with a 400 Lenexa system. Computer store offered the same price with more power, more storage and a better system than the WalMart brand. I buy something's from WalMart, just not important things.

60" Samsung LED mounted over fireplace, sitting 8' away.

I believe it's a 2014 model, but still looks awesome.

Getting the biggest and best brand of a 4k hdr TV. I got mine black Friday 300$ for a 55" 4k. It's a Philips best and loudest sound I have ever gotten from. These thinner the
Also picked up a 43" 4k for the kids for just over 400 and also kicks ***.
Don't settle for anything unless it's 4k. HDR is a big bonus to have on the TV as well cause it's the way everything is going might as well be there lol. Put on Netflix with 4k and watch the jellyfish and other soothing nature shows and u will be blown away.

I am seeing lots of adds for TV sales with Super Bowl next week.

O and it may be nice to point out I'm a gamer. I don't have cable lol. I use Netflix mostly and buy movies. Most but not all I watch are streamed thru my Xbox one or Xbox one S.
4k TV's just have what appear to be more depth in their picture almost 3d without being 3d. Walking in on a **** you may think someone was watching someone thru a window lol well almost. My mom had to ask me if the show we were watching g was CG or real footage. She was shocked when I told her the jellyfish were real and I was able to point to out the floaty objects and gunk in the watef

Believe it or not, I do 99% of my TV viewing on the 7" LCD TV on my desk next to my computer...

And it's not connected to cable, it just gets over-the-air broadcasts.

My TV 1.JPG

-
Back