How can you identify a Dodge Demon?

-
??? You talking about the first version AKA '70's or the new generation?

First version if it looks like a Duster and says Dodge, then it's a Demon. A VIN decoder which you can easily find with a Google search will tell you if it's Dodge or Plymouth, meaning, "a hacked Duster turned into a Demon"

Example of the 70 cars

VIN.jpg

Last edited:
??? You talking about the first version AKA '70's or the new generation?

First version if it looks like a Duster and says Dodge, then it's a Demon. A VIN decoder which you can easily find with a Google search will tell you if it's Dodge or Plymouth, meaning, "a hacked Duster turned into a Demon"
Al Bundy had a Dodge Duster.

Demon VIN's start as either LL29 or LM29 in the case of the 340 cars. L for Dodge of course, slants and 'teens are LL, the 340 cars are LM. Easy.

Also there is an H in the vin for 340 or G for 318 or C for 225 six cylinder

So, the important info on the VIN is

1st digit- L (Dodge)

3rd & 4th digit- 29 (2 door sports hardtop)

6th digit- 1 or 2 (year code, has to be '71 or '72 to be a Demon)

First digit as an "L" tells you it is in fact a Dodge, or in other words, not a Duster converted to be a Demon. 3rd and 4th should be really obvious, it's a sport body. But if your VIN is swapped or something who knows. 6th digit is also important, to rule out a later Dodge Dart Sport cloned over to be a Demon.

Full breakdown is here
Mopar VIN Decoding

Tail lights and bodywork can be deceiving! Lots of later model Dusters and Dart Sports masquerading as Demons these days :p

My '74 Duster turned into a '71 Demon tribute...
img_3627_zpsy3oleyjr-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg

845e06f8-239e-4f7c-80ea-2a32ef2ce9f7-jpeg-jpg-jpg.jpg

img_5222_zps27c2398d-jpg.jpg

img_1879_zps84b455c6-jpg.jpg

Demon VIN's start as either LL29 or LM29 in the case of the 340 cars. L for Dodge of course, slants and 'teens are LL, the 340 cars are LM. Easy.

Thanks, that's kind of what I thought. I am very well versed in B and E body cars, just not too knowledgeable in the A bodies yet. So, are there LH, LP and LS Darts then?

So, the important info on the VIN is

1st digit- L (Dodge)

3rd & 4th digit- 29 (2 door sports hardtop)

6th digit- 1 or 2 (year code, has to be '71 or '72 to be a Demon)

First digit as an "L" tells you it is in fact a Dodge, or in other words, not a Duster converted to be a Demon. 3rd and 4th should be really obvious, it's a sport body. But if your VIN is swapped or something who knows. 6th digit is also important, to rule out a later Dodge Dart Sport cloned over to be a Demon.

Full breakdown is here
Mopar VIN Decoding

Tail lights and bodywork can be deceiving! Lots of later model Dusters and Dart Sports masquerading as Demons these days :p

My '74 Duster turned into a '71 Demon tribute...
View attachment 1715929875

View attachment 1715929876

View attachment 1715929877

View attachment 1715929878
When are you gonna paint the POS? LOL

Thanks, that's kind of what I thought. I am very well versed in B and E body cars, just not too knowledgeable in the A bodies yet. So, are there LH, LP and LS Darts then?

There are definitely LH Dart's, I have one.

When are you gonna paint the POS? LOL

Never! Lol!

Or maybe when the rest of the original paint falls off. I dunno. As long as it's not rusting I don't care.

Never! Lol!

Or maybe when the rest of the original paint falls off. I dunno. As long as it's not rusting I don't care.
That's kinda where I am with Vixen. I'm gonna repair the rest of the rust that needs it, but paint's not real high up on my list of priorities. Maybe if a big sack of money falls outta the sky and hits me in the head one day. lol

I'm wondering when we start seeing 2018+ Dodge Demon clones? They don't seem to have the resale value as classics. Yet. Now that their run is ending? I may consider picking one up as a future collector?

"29" body is the Demon giveaway.

L for Dodge Dart

Whatever for price class

29 for "fast top" body.

So the Demon is the 'low and medium' model, what model is the LH29?

I don't believe there is a model that would have been an LH29, Demon's were only LL29's or LM29's as far as I know. I could be wrong, but I don't recall seeing a "h" price class Demon, even the 340 cars were "m".

The Dart's I have are LH23's, they're both '71 Dodge Dart GT's

f1ff7fa8-a19a-4360-9611-e1989863d77b-jpeg.jpg

5f086837-ba10-4fcf-9346-57feeabc651a-jpeg.jpg

"29" body is the Demon giveaway.

L for Dodge Dart

Whatever for price class

29 for "fast top" body.

Yeah but only for '71 and '72. A '73 Dodge Dart Sport would have the "L" and the "29" too, just a 3 for the year code.

And as far as I know, only L or M for price class.

FWIW...my 71 Demon 340 is a LM29 car. Sticker price on it was a pinch over $3500. 340/727, console, twin scoops, Green Go, no A/C.

According to GG LL29 are /6 and 318 cars. LM29 are 340 cars. No LH29 cars.
Funny that 340 Dusters are VS29.

I don't believe there is a model that would have been an LH29, Demon's were only LL29's or LM29's as far as I know. I could be wrong, but I don't recall seeing a "h" price class Demon, even the 340 cars were "m".

Yeah but only for '71 and '72. A '73 Dodge Dart Sport would have the "L" and the "29" too, just a 3 for the year code.

And as far as I know, only L or M for price class.

Correct...

73 Dart Sport 340's were LM29

I'm wondering when we start seeing 2018+ Dodge Demon clones? They don't seem to have the resale value as classics. Yet. Now that their run is ending? I may consider picking one up as a future collector?
I just don't think anyone will ever be pulling any of these new cars outta a barn 50 years from now and them be worth anything. I could be wrong.

Wanna double your money ?
Funny...but you haven't seen it yet!! I've only posted limited clips of it until it's done. So that would make your offer "sight unseen!"

True story....I bought the car from the original owner in 1984. I got the orig window sticker as well as the form the dealer hand wrote when they ordered the car (see below). Pretty cool paperwork! Sticker price was $3621.40 but the "deal" they struck totalled $3446.98 to order the car. But when it was delivered, the final price was $3475.00 per the delivery sale form. So I got the car for $3500 when it was 13 years old and had 34,000 miles on it. So he had it 13 years and made a whopping $25 on it!
I didn't drive it much (Mopar Nats and stuff only) before I put it in its 27 year slumber while we raised our family hence why it now has only 37k miles on it. But then we decided to "do it right" and the paint is too nice to get near. So your offer will now have to be a wee bit better. Well ok, a large wee bit better!! Er, a VERY large wee bit better.
20220520_092611.jpg

The order form...enjoy!! (I "erased" the name, address , and signature on this copy of the pic)
20220520_095047.jpg

Now, about that offer....

So I got the car for $3500 when it was 13 years old and had 34,000 miles on it. So he had it 13 years and made a whopping $25 on it!
Now, about that offer....

that is an awesome story
(great car too)

so, if the PO made 25 dollars on it over 13 years, and im offering you $3500 (over your initial investment) over 38 years, it sounds like i am offering you a much better shake then you gave him

laugh.gif

-
Back