How can you update 70’s Bucket Seats?

-

72DartGuy

Reaction score
Hi, I just picked up a pair of 70’s Demon, Dart seats. Where can I get parts to update them? I’d like them to be able to recline, and I’d like the seat backs to lock. Right now they are just folding chairs Any suggestions are welcome, thanks!

FC2279C1-EBBA-41C3-BE36-5F0FD2EF494F.jpeg

Hi, I just picked up a pair of 70’s Demon, Dart seats. Where can I get parts to update them? I’d like them to be able to recline, and I’d like the seat backs to lock. Right now they are just folding chairs Any suggestions are welcome, thanks!

View attachment 1715943126
I am going to hope you get an answer to this. I posted the same question a few years ago, and I got no usable responses. I would be willing to pay a reasonable amount to have it done for me.

Subscribed!!! I want to know too. It would be great for the passenger seat to recline on long trips...

I’ve never heard of anyone making a retrofit kit for these old seats. Not saying it couldn’t be done, but I think you’d have to take components off a newer set of seats and try to make them fit/work on the old seats and frames. In the end, this is probably why most people adapt modern seats to their old cars when looking for more “creature comforts”.

I’ve never heard of anyone making a retrofit kit for these old seats. Not saying it couldn’t be done, but I think you’d have to take components off a newer set of seats and try to make them fit/work on the old seats and frames. In the end, this is probably why most people adapt modern seats to their old cars when looking for more “creature comforts”.
I totally get that. I have Pro Car buckets in her now and they look pretty good. I’m going for a 340 look and found the tall back seats. Already found a set of Coachman covers for them, last set. Got lucky! I’m looking around at other seats to see if there are parts to use. Mostly concerned with the seat back not locking

Take the pro car seats apart, take the high backs apart, look at how the frame is built and modify the Pro car frames so the original cushions and covers will fit.
Yeah, it’s probably a lot of cutting and welding, not a small task, probably a good winter project.
EDIT: I just looked and noticed you’re in San Diego where there is no winter, pick any time of the year and start giving it a go.

Take the pro car seats apart, take the high backs apart, look at how the frame is built and modify the Pro car frames so the original cushions and covers will fit.
Yeah, it’s probably a lot of cutting and welding, not a small task, probably a good winter project.
EDIT: I just looked and noticed you’re in San Diego where there is no winter, pick any time of the year and start giving it a go.
Hey, we have winter here, sometimes it gets down in the 40’s at night! I am looking at those Pro Car seat frames. They aren’t as wide. I can just see myself taking them all apart and winding up with 2 sets of jacked up seats, lol

Oh, you do things the same as me, I gots me lotsa spare “parts”
Winter!? I’ve heard you don’t even have weather

-
Back