How Do I Fix This

-
Dog Tracking rear axle. Square your rear axle to the subframe.

Simple cross check from the 1" holes in the front of the subframe in front of the rear axle to the u-bolt threads at the shock plates.

Also put a white chaulk mark center line at the botton of the brake backing plates and cross check measure to there too.

Have seen some pretty big centering holes on the spring perches where the leaf spring center bolts drop into.

Loosen the U-bolts and square it up with a porto-power, or pull it square with a come along, or both . . One on each side to move in desired direction.

Retighten U-bolts.

Ok, good suggestion. I'll take a look today.

Back in the day,Just about every Dart you would see, was dog-tracking. I mean, several of us guys in high-school had Darts or Novas, and in none of them, did the rears follow in the same tracks as the front.
The alignment guy centers the steering wheel to the Thrust angle, and the driver never even knows.
A lot of modern cars have rears that are adjustable, so the T-angle can usually be zero'd.

Funny I have the same exact problem with my Challenger! I used a wheel spacer to even it out

Dog Tracking rear axle. Square your rear axle to the subframe.

Simple cross check from the 1" holes in the front of the subframe in front of the rear axle to the u-bolt threads at the shock plates.

Also put a white chaulk mark center line at the botton of the brake backing plates and cross check measure to there too.

Have seen some pretty big centering holes on the spring perches where the leaf spring center bolts drop into.

Loosen the U-bolts and square it up with a porto-power, or pull it square with a come along, or both . . One on each side to move in desired direction.

Retighten U-bolts.
I've often thought about welding and redrillling the spring centering hole. Be nice to have it on an alignment machine to get the thrust angle perfect.

I've often thought about welding and redrillling the spring centering hole. Be nice to have it on an alignment machine to get the thrust angle perfect.

Can cross check the rear end all the way up from the front sub frame 1" holes. That cross check measurement should be within 1/4" or less. Then your rear end will be in line with the whole car, not just the rear sub frame.

More than 1/4" then it's time to adjust that rear axle.

Can cross check the rear end all the way up from the front sub frame 1" holes. That cross check measurement should be within 1/4" or less. Then your rear end will be in line with the whole car, not just the rear sub frame.

More than 1/4" then it's time to adjust that rear axle.
A guy could drill and make an eccentric bushing in that centering hole too. My spring relocate is 3/16 off. Pretty good for just a tape measure I thought.

Funny I have the same exact problem with my Challenger! I used a wheel spacer to even it out

A wheel spacer... I'm interested in hearing more about that. In my mind I see a wheel spacer pushing the wheel (hub center) outwards. How does that work to create more space between the tire and quarter panel? Thanks

A wheel spacer... I'm interested in hearing more about that. In my mind I see a wheel spacer pushing the wheel (hub center) outwards. How does that work to create more space between the tire and quarter panel? Thanks

A spacer will push the wheel further out to the quarter, that's how that works. So for your case it won't work. If your clearance issue was to the springs a spacer could help you, but again that's the kind of thing you do if you're off by an 1/8" or a 1/4". Not the thing you do when you're off by 1.25"

I gather yur talking a sideshift?
According to the OP's post, side shift is what I should be addressing but I was talking about the thrust angle and I should have posted it in degrees.

Last edited:
-
Back